Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Center Armrest removal

XFireXLR

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Gold Mist Met. XLR
My center armrest is showing some wear and I was able to find a new one on ebay at a good price and I bought it. Does anyone know how to remove the center armrest? At the very back of the center glove box is a black plastic area, are the screws under there? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
:cool:

Yes the screws are below that plastic piece--it just pops off. Pretty simple to do.

My center armrest is showing some wear and I was able to find a new one on ebay at a good price and I bought it. Does anyone know how to remove the center armrest? At the very back of the center glove box is a black plastic area, are the screws under there? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Mine was very hard to get off the first time. Makes you think you are going to break something, but the plastic piece under the armrest really does come off. It's just held on with clips. Now that I have done it several times it seems to be getting easier.

Mine was very hard to get off the first time. Makes you think you are going to break something, but the plastic piece under the armrest really does come off. It's just held on with clips. Now that I have done it several times it seems to be getting easier.

The one on my armrest is on very tight. Is there a direction that I should pull in, for example...straight back...press down while pulling straight back...hope this makes sense.

You need to pull it straight up. It's hard to find anywhere to grab it. There is a lot of spring tension on the plastic tabs holding it in place.

Mission accomplished!!!!
Used a door panel removal tool prying from the bottom and straight up and it came right out. I would like to thank everyone for thier help and input.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back