Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Center Console Part Number Needed ...

Supercharged

My XLR/V(s)
2006 XLR-V
Hello,

Can anyone tell me the GM Part number for item #4 in the image below?

XLR Center Console Image2.jpgXLR Center Console Image.jpg

As Rich stated above, I don't think you will find just that part. The below is from gmpartsdirect.com and the item isn't even numbered, it is part of several parts listed as item 7.

The price for item 7 is: $ 673.28

Attachments

• 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    50.5 KB · Views: 519
Cubby & Rich are correct... the part is only available a console assembly from GM.

Interesting you should say that ...

Cubby & Rich are correct... the part is only available a console assembly from GM.

With all due respect, that's what I thought also until I just bought the base of the astry on e-bay..
[h=1]ASTRAY.FLOOR CONSOLE COMPARTMENT DOOR/GENUINE GM PART 19167175 for CADILLAC XLR. (Item #26)[/h]I figured since this had a part number maybe there was a part number for the cover (Item #4).
I had searched the net and never found a individual part number until this. I e-mailed the guy but he didn't know the cover (item #4) so I thought I would ask the group.

Attachments

• astray.jpg
    astray.jpg
    8.6 KB · Views: 450
  • astray2.jpg
    astray2.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 501
Even stranger ..

What's even weirder is that GMPartsDirect does not show a catalog number for this item but will sell the part if you know the number..

I even tried searching numbers sequentially around the astray nu7mber at GmPartsDirect hoping maybe I would get lucky but no dice.

Makes you wonder what other parts they have ...

astray3.jpg

What's even weirder is that GMPartsDirect does not show a catalog number for this item but will sell the part if you know the number..

I even tried searching numbers sequentially around the astray nu7mber at GmPartsDirect hoping maybe I would get lucky but no dice.

Makes you wonder what other parts they have ...

View attachment 2432

Interesting... mine has had small dents in it since I've owned my XLR. I checked with the dealer back in '08 when I finished the rebuild and was told nothing on the console was available seperately; it was only available as an assembly. I just checked again with my dealer, and was told it's now called a console kit with a list price of $1105. My cost $773.84... OUCH!! And it doesn't come with the console cover!!
If you find out anything more, I, for one, would be interested in knowing. Please post back.

Interesting... mine has had small dents in it since I've owned my XLR. I checked with the dealer back in '08 when I finished the rebuild and was told nothing on the console was available seperately; it was only available as an assembly. I just checked again with my dealer, and was told it's now called a console kit with a list price of $1105. My cost $773.84... OUCH!! And it doesn't come with the console cover!!
If you find out anything more, I, for one, would be interested in knowing. Please post back.

There is a brand new center console (Eucolyptus) currently on e-bay for $390 - which is a hell of a deal.
I just was hoping my 2 sec mistake wouldn't cost me $390 or even $800 dollars.

I really wish I knew where the e-bay guy, who sold me the astray, got the image breakdown. All of the detailed images I saw (like most) never gave an item number for these - but his definitely does.

I think I'm gonna take my unit apart again. The company I work for actually puts the numbers into the plastic. I wonder if it is stamped on it? I'll let everyone know...

Link to center console on ebay:
http://www.ebay.com/itm/200840116664?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p3984.m1423.l2648

Paul

I don't doubt you bought it and it had a part number; however these cars are no longer made and do not share many parts with any other vehicle, so parts are rare. In the case of the cover you are looking for, these were made to match the rest of the wood accents in the car. There is light wood and dark wood; (the V models had dark wood) and a few different grain designs according to year. Also just because a part is listed on GMpartsdirect, doesnt mean it is available. I've ordered several parts over the years and was told a few times the part I was trying to order was no longer available. Good luck in your search!!

With all due respect, that's what I thought also until I just bought the base of the astry on e-bay..
ASTRAY.FLOOR CONSOLE COMPARTMENT DOOR/GENUINE GM PART 19167175 for CADILLAC XLR. (Item #26)

I figured since this had a part number maybe there was a part number for the cover (Item #4).
I had searched the net and never found a individual part number until this. I e-mailed the guy but he didn't know the cover (item #4) so I thought I would ask the group.

I don't doubt you bought it and it had a part number; however these cars are no longer made and do not share many parts with any other vehicle, so parts are rare. In the case of the cover you are looking for, these were made to match the rest of the wood accents in the car. There is light wood and dark wood; (the V models had dark wood) and a few different grain designs according to year. Also just because a part is listed on GMpartsdirect, doesnt mean it is available. I've ordered several parts over the years and was told a few times the part I was trying to order was no longer available. Good luck in your search!!

I completely agree with you.
I'm glad there actually is a part number. GMParts (and many others) don't seem to display one in the diagrams I saw.

The availability is a whole different issue but atleast if I have a number I can look.
Thanks for the feedback ...

Paul

This is the guy that would have the part you need if it is available seperately. SMC Performance bought out the parts inventory from the Bowling Green, KY plant when the production of the XLR ceased. I would give him a call.

Thanks Cubby ... I'll do that and let the group know - appreciate it.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom