Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Ceramic coatings

xlr 443

My XLR/V(s)
2008 Crystal Red XLR-V
Lately I've been seeing a lot of advertising for ceramic coating. All claiming to be the best. Has anyone tried them and if so which brand - pros & cons. Rayzor

Ceramic coating is a lot like getting married. You are stuck with all the flaws and imperfections for awhile.

Ceramic coating is a lot like getting married. You are stuck with all the flaws and imperfections for awhile.

Thats hysterical :D

I have a box of Avalon King coating sitting in my garage, but I have been terrified to put it on until I get the base paint "just right"... so I haven't had the time to work on it... but I guess your comment makes me think I'm doing the right thing to wait until I have time to do it right.

I have not used ceramic coating on my XLR because it's paint is older and the color is black with a lot of minor age imperfections and touchups that I can hid pretty well with waxes. This is my opinion only, but I would sand and respray the XLR before ceramic coating. Lighter colors on XLRs wear better but these cars are getting older. Ceramic coating is wonderful for newer cars, but it really highlights the paint quality.

I agree which is why I haven’t done it. I would stick to using wax and buffing it to a deep shine like I did with mine.

Attachments

• A3AFF732-1037-4C61-B1ED-0A9F95D8E4B5.jpeg
    A3AFF732-1037-4C61-B1ED-0A9F95D8E4B5.jpeg
    680.2 KB · Views: 265
That's funny. I don't care what nobody say....

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom