Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

"Close Cargo Divider" message

jjsea55

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Black Raven XLR-V, Shale interior
Hello, all...
I went to drop my top this morning and received the above message. I had checked the divider previously and ensured it was in place. I unhooked it and replaced it at least three times, but with the same result. Checked for obstructions in the receiver area... actually fingered the switch located on the driver side receiver.... and it clicked with each depression. I even re-indexed my windows to be certain that wasn't the culprit.

Does this sound like my switch has simply failed? I read in another thread about bypassing the switch by joining the two wires for a permanent contact, but would certainly prefer to have it function as normal. Can these switches even be acquired anymore? Can anyone provide the part number?

Appreciate any assistance... please and thank you!

its a pretty simple micro switch .You should be able to unplug it and see if wiring it direct repairs it or not . if you hear it click it should be working. I doubt you can buy a replacement new .maybe used.

Checking continuity across the switch will tell you if the switch is working or has failed.

Thanks to you both for the responses. I’ll dig into it today & see what’s up.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom