Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

COCKPIT COVER

boilermaker

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2009 Black/Tan XLR: 2008 STS V8 AWD: 2008 SRX Premium AWD
Does anyone have and use a cockpit cover for their XLR or know where one can purchase a soft cockpit cover.
Preferably a lightweight and easy to store cover and doesn't necessarily have to be water proof.

I know covercraft make covers but they tend to be heavy and bulky.

Cockpit Cover

I used a Covercraft cockpit cover for our Cavalier Z24 convertible. It was lightweight and it could be installed and removed in seconds. It is great to keep out the sun, dust and pollen. I highly recommend one.

<figure class="brandImageWrapper" style="margin: 0px 0px 0px 115px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; float: left;">
product_brand_covercraft.gif
</figure>
zoom.png
<nav class="mediumImageNav sliderWrapper" style="margin: 6px 1px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; color: rgb(87, 86, 71); float: left; overflow: hidden; white-space: nowrap; position: relative; width: 390px; font-family: Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif; font-size: 12px; text-align: center;">

• [*=center]<figure style="margin: 0px; padding: 0px; border: 0px; display: inline; float: none;">
    covercraft_weathershield_hp_convertible_cover_light_blue.jpg
    </figure>
</nav>

I've seen these covers on eBay under c6 corvette. Would think the measurements might be almost the same?

I've seen these covers on eBay under c6 corvette. Would think the measurements might be almost the same?

Maybe contact Covercraft of the Ebay seller and ask if one is available for an XLR. I would imagine you're not the only one of us that would be interested in purchasing one...

Cockpit Cover

I talked to a salesperson today at Cover Craft. He said that they do make a cockpit cover for the XLR. He suggested that I buy one made of Ultratect since I live in Florida. Cover Craft custom makes the covers when ordered. The part number for mine is IC2023UG. It will be gray. Their price is $ 81.00. I am attaching a link:

Interior Covers

cockpit cover

I guess i would have to actually talk to a salesman also to get a idea on just how much is covered and how it attaches.
and just what kind of fabrics are available.
I saw one on a XLR but didn't like it....it went from the front of the windshield wipers to the back of the trunk, which I didn't like.
I would like it to go from windshield wipers to just over the roll bars and tuck into the trunk
I had one for my Allante where the sides attached to the door handles...but this is not possible with our cars.

need more info

Cockpit Cover

If you notice the picture of a Sebring convertible in my previous post, you will see how it fits on that car. At the rear of the cover are two nylon type straps that tuck into your trunk when you open it and place them inside. They stay in place to secure the rear of the cover. There are also fabric covered, bendable hooks that fit under the rear wheel openings and secure it there. There are velcro straps that fit under and around the mirrors and velcro straps that fit under the windshield wipers. That is how mine fit on the Cavalier. Additionally, there were straps for the door handles, which would not apply on the XLR, but I was assured that the fit was secure for our application. I figured I would order one and see how it fits.

Last edited:
I don't get it, why not just put the top back up and be done in 30 seconds? :dunno:

I don't get it, why not just put the top back up and be done in 30 seconds? :dunno:

The International Committee for the Oblivious to the Obvious has awarded this post the award for "Post of the Year"

KUDOS!

As chairman of The Foundation to Protect the Technologically Unsophisticated I endorse your award unabashedly CP.

Heck, it's actually under 30 seconds...

The International Committee for the Oblivious to the Obvious has awarded this post the award for "Post of the Year"

I'm sure everyone's XLR is in time with my own and mine is up/down in under 25... And I've been waiting on a chance to use "UNABASHEDLY" in a sentence..... LMBO.

I too cast my vote for POST OF THE YEAR...

usuzeqyh.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm With Stupid

Sorry, but I agree with oblivious guy... errrrr.... DanF

Don't make fun of me too, it's my birthday! Although I appreciate the humor :laugh:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom