Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! convertable top control modual

benny

My XLR/V(s)
2005 xlr
Does anybody know if they make a pin repair kit for it, or does anyone fix them. Thanks

not sure what you mean by pin repair kit. They get wet they get fried and so far no one has found anyone to repair them. I have a guy but we are going to have to have 5-7 cores to start with to experiment with and so far people are just throwing away their old ones instead of working with us. So I doubt you will get it repaired. Order it from the dealer and you will get it 4-6 weeks

They make some pin repair kits for some modals. I have ordered from dealer but no luck yet.

well I can tell you from experience unless someone plugged it in wrong and broke a pin, I highly doubt there is anything that Gm offers to repair them. The internal electronics are what fail. Hope you find something and a repair that will work. Please share as there are dozens waiting for a unit and even more will need them in the future.

Benny.

Make a searck on Google for a repair shop of modules, from the listing check with the one of your choice and contact them for their knowledge on the perticular repair that you want.

The module interior is a board and with a print circuit and soldering pins and others electronic components for all king of needs that however comes to the same …..most of the time.

Let us know of your results, as it could very well be helpful for many of us.

Good luck.

IAN

yeah do that and let us know how it works out. It takes a soft ware program to run the module. Watch the video on the hardtop pump to see how he manually does it. switch on two switches off ,reverse. two switches on etc. that is a software program. GM wrote it and has it . Until someone can duplicate it or GM gives it up ( fat chance) you can solder all day long and replaces diodes and transisters and chips . IT has a failsafe that when it gets damaged it stops working. Bypass that and you will be damaging solenoids pump motor and even back track into the ECM and fry it. I think our best hope is the hydraulic top guy who seems to have a real interest in our cars and is very knowledgeable about them. Maybe he will make and sell a control panel like he uses in his video.

Still got to have a program to make it work. so many people have called the major module repair companies that when you call and say can you repair xlr ... they interrupt and say "NOPE". But someone someday may get it down. Don't stop looking now.

Does anybody know if they make a pin repair kit for it, or does anyone fix them. Thanks

GM dealerships have connector repair kits for most late model vehicles. Parts are available online too. Here's one source for the entire connector: 12110114 Connectors | Mouser

Do be aware that specific crimp tools are required for a proper job of securing the pins to wiring. Pin removal tools can usually be substituted for appropriately-sized shim stock to depress the pin retaining tabs if applicable to the connector type.

When searching, it's a 32-way (32 pin) F (Female) Micro-Pack 100 Series. Obviously, the mate is a M (Male).

CC

Last edited:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry