Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Corvette Destroyed - Cash For Clunker Style

And .... it's raining now.

Sooooooo, why hasn't this new administration ended the war? Said he would.

And .... it's raining now.

Sooooooo, why hasn't this new administration ended the war? Said he would.
RA thats the 64000 dollar question. I have no answer to it. We can not win it. When we leave Iraq there will be a revolution and everything we did was for what? All the lives lost all the money spent all the havoc it has cost this country enomically for what? You very seldom even hear anything about Afganstan in fact you hear more about abortion and gays than more troops dying and for what reason. :mad:

Fred:patriot:

RA thats the 64000 dollar question. I have no answer to it. We can not win it. When we leave Iraq there will be a revolution and everything we did was for what? All the lives lost all the money spent all the havoc it has cost this country enomically for what? You very seldom even hear anything about Afganstan in fact you hear more about abortion and gays than more troops dying and for what reason. :mad:

Fred:patriot:

Don't you mean the 64 gazillion dollar question?
The new "distractor" is the health care reform. This administration is all over the board - no focus. Clunkers, Bail-outs, Healthcare, Stimulous Packages, what the heck is next ..... Can't all those fabulous brains come up with just one successful plan of action .... for .... whatever .... throw a dart .... plenty of messes to take care of without creating more.

Don't you mean the 64 gazillion dollar question?
The new "distractor" is the health care reform. This administration is all over the board - no focus. Clunkers, Bail-outs, Healthcare, Stimulous Packages, what the heck is next ..... Can't all those fabulous brains come up with just one successful plan of action .... for .... whatever .... throw a dart .... plenty of messes to take care of without creating more.
I have to agree with you but I believe the best thing that could happen to our country our term limits and new parties both of these parties we have now are unable to perform for anyone but there own personnel interest. Its very sad state of affairs.:dunno:

Fred

First I want to say I love our country. Here is my opinion on questions presented by Madam and Speedway. As far as the wars goes we can't win. What is going on there is a religious war it is a war that can never be won. You can not win a war against a bunch of crazy people that are willing to die for their beliefs. As far as politicians they are going to say what they need to say to get elected into office. Lets look at their retirement plans compared to those of us workig our buts off all of our lives. If I could get their plan I would tell you what you wanted to hear to get it. I believe its a year in service and they have a hell of a retirement that we tax payers pay for. In Illinois we have Senator Burris who has been accussed of buying Obama's old seat and he isn't going to run for reelection, big surprise there. We lack common sense in politics right now. You want to fix things get rid of lobbiest, pork bellies, and health care stop the lawsuits that have gotten out of hand. :patriot:

Education and sensibility

I think a lot of people were asleep when they were supposed to be studying our Constitution. The first thing that pops into my mind, The National Guard is never to leave our country, they are to defend our shores against invading armies. Big one, The government can not be in partnership with private interprize. you will also find this repeated in States Constitutions. The President by himself can not declare war, it must be approved by congress. We are only to be involved in war if our country has been attacked. Remember Pearl Harbor? We the people should never have allowed the Congress to set their own salary and benefits, after all they work for us. When my ancestor was a U.S. Senator from Indiana, he received NO SALARY, back then it was an honor to serve your country. I was taught as a young child we are supposed to help our neighbors, as a Mason I was taught we are supposed to help the Widows and Orphans. Now our present administration wants to throw out millions of dollars in a program that will pay people to do these things. To me this is offensive. I guess I am just old fashioned, I believe in God and have always felt our main purpose in life should be to help those less fortunate. Maybe there is something wrong with me as I seem not to fit in with what is going on in the world today.

I think a lot of people were asleep when they were supposed to be studying our Constitution. The first thing that pops into my mind, The National Guard is never to leave our country, they are to defend our shores against invading armies. Big one, The government can not be in partnership with private interprize. you will also find this repeated in States Constitutions. The President by himself can not declare war, it must be approved by congress. We are only to be involved in war if our country has been attacked. Remember Pearl Harbor? We the people should never have allowed the Congress to set their own salary and benefits, after all they work for us. When my ancestor was a U.S. Senator from Indiana, he received NO SALARY, back then it was an honor to serve your country. I was taught as a young child we are supposed to help our neighbors, as a Mason I was taught we are supposed to help the Widows and Orphans. Now our present administration wants to throw out millions of dollars in a program that will pay people to do these things. To me this is offensive. I guess I am just old fashioned, I believe in God and have always felt our main purpose in life should be to help those less fortunate. Maybe there is something wrong with me as I seem not to fit in with what is going on in the world today.
I also believe in God. I do believe in helping those less fortunate than I but I don't want to be forced to do it. I want to give out of the kindness of my heart, not because the government is forcing me to do so. I also do not think that a 20 something who doesn't believe that Health care is needed for them because hey they are young and healthy I should have to pay for. Personal responsibility.

Please post all available jobs I have very close friends that have degrees and extensive experience but have been laid off due to there companies going out of business. I believe there are 30 million workers in America out of work right now. I am also interested in the 10 BILLION dollars in cash that is missing from the Iraq port that was on pallets 1 1/2 years ago.:mad: Please tell me what country we our going to invade next, destroy, and then rebuild a democracy into more than we enjoy here in America.:mad: Example Iraq we have spent over 1 trillion dollars.:mad: Afganistan they will never ask us to leave because they know they got it made now that America has commited its armed forces there.:( I could go on and on but the treat would be to long and be off topic even though this is posted in off topic.

Fred

We are hiring collectors:lol: Popping 300 cars per month. Down from 400 a month in the first quarter. Must be those green shoots:laugh:

The President by himself can not declare war, it must be approved by congress. We are only to be involved in war if our country has been attacked.

So,,,, The New York World Trade Center was?????

The New York World Trade Center was attacked by terriost, not an individual country. Did our congress declare war on any one or more given countries or did past and present presidents decide to war against given countries? With all the modern technology why has Osama Bin Laden not been found? Why has the Taliban not been destroyed in Afganastan? Our current president promised if elected all this would end right away. What I see and hear today is that we are sending more and more of our young people to Afganastan. Like Little Woman or person of many names said, the wars being faught in Afganastan, Iraq and so forth have been going on for centuries and will never end as they are religious and political wars. We have no business sticking our noses into their business. We need to bring all of our military personal home, send the illigal aliens back to their own countries, bring back our industry, take care of our own people first. We don't need to go to other countries to find poor people to help, we have plenty right here at home. Look at how the native americans have suffered for so many years while we were off to other countries butting our noses in where we didn't belong. We didn't seem to learn our lesson in Korea or Vietnam did we and not in Iraq and now Afganastan. News article this morning stated we are not 2 trillion dollars more in debt than originally thought. Who owns the majority of our debt? CHINA and now they are trying to tell us what to do. I guess if we find which I am sure we will very soon that we are unable to pay them back for the money they loaned us they will soon be here taking over our government. What then???

Please don't get me wrong. I think that was a personal attack on the USA on our soil and something had to be done. I beleive we had to strike back in that case. I support the action that was taken there. Had we not struck back another attack would have happen here. :patriot:

Please don't get me wrong. I think that was a personal attack on the USA on our soil and something had to be done. I beleive we had to strike back in that case. I support the action that was taken there. Had we not struck back another attack would have happen here. :patriot:
A personal attack by whom, by what country? I agree 100 % that something had to be done, my question is did we go about doing it the correct way? I think the entire world was shocked by 911 and incensed. Could this have been handled by diplomatic channels? Could the countries harboring the terriost have invited us to come into their countries to hunt down these monstors? If that had happened maybe we would not be so hated around the world and all of the terriost would have been rounded up by now. Does anyone know how many military troops we have in Japan, South Korea, South Vietnam, Germany and the list goes on and on. Why do we still have such a strong military presence in these countries? Why are our military personal not allowed to go into towns in Japan by themselves or maybe not at all? Simple answer, we are so hated it is unsafe for an American stationed in certains areas of Japan to go off base alone or even in a group, henceforth they are not allowed to leave the base. This is not heresay, my grandson did a tour in Japan before his tour in Iraq. Going back in history do you remember how England bacame Great Britian and was a very powerful nation? Just how powerful is England today? They could not afford the upkeep of all the individual nations they controlled under the flag of Great Britian. We can not afford to keep our military in all of these various nations plus protect our country here at home and afford all of the illigals that have slipped into our country. Maybe if we had been more diligent here at home we would not have let the terriost slip into our country and get their flying training right under our nose in Florida. Just goes right back to earlier post where it has been stated our young people don't give a rat's --- about anything except seeing how much then can get without working or being a contributing member of society. I could say more but maybe this is enough to digest at one time.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom