Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Cruise control problem.

monepit

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 black raven
My criuse wont work at all when I first start the car. After driving for a while, 5 to 30 minutes it will beep 4 times and the red x will flash 4 times on the hud. After that it will work fine for the rest of the day. It started doing this about a month ago. Untill then it worked all the time. It's like it has to warm up or something. any thoughts on what to look for. It go's to the dealer Thursday but the tech said he's never heard of this.

It could be the radar module is going bad and the system is self-calibrating with each ignition cycle. Your tech should be able to check it with a Tech II and isolate it pretty quick if it initializes for him like it's doing for you.

CC :)

Thats the problem. Dave did the test and concluded it is the radar module. The bad part is these modules are $1695 retail or I have found it for $845 online. The retail is rediculious but The system is good enough thet I will probably fork out the $845 to get it running again. I cant believe I would pay over $1000 to get Cruise control fixed. That should be an engine rebuild not a gadget fix. Oh well, I guess if you play with trixie you need some dollars.

I assume you weren't able to get a GMPP warranty when you bought the car; it would have saved you $$$$$ in the long run. It is also transferable when you sell the car. Sorry to hear you have another big expense.

Thats the problem. Dave did the test and concluded it is the radar module. The bad part is these modules are $1695 retail or I have found it for $845 online. The retail is rediculious but The system is good enough thet I will probably fork out the $845 to get it running again. I cant believe I would pay over $1000 to get Cruise control fixed. That should be an engine rebuild not a gadget fix. Oh well, I guess if you play with trixie you need some dollars.

There's a radar module and alignment fixture for sale on eBay right now. Maybe you can strike a good deal.

Good luck!

CC :wave:

How is it that Trixie has never met Tiffany, Misti, Barbie or Scarlette V? You really should read some of the event threads and hook up ... great friends, great cars, and great fun. :wave: And all you'll ever want to know from the best Cad Tech ever .....:love:

Awww ... you're so nice ....

This guy is right down the street from you all ... :blinzel:

I would love to. If we ever have an event in this part of the country I will surely go. I used to host an event for the Allante club at my boat at Kentucky lake every year. Had some really good times there. We had 27 people on the boat one year. Dave

I would love to. If we ever have an event in this part of the country I will surely go. I used to host an event for the Allante club at my boat at Kentucky lake every year. Had some really good times there. We had 27 people on the boat one year. Dave

:partyPAR-TAY!! :party
(And his name is Dave! So maybe Dave will be here or there!)

Isn't Colorado close enough???​

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back