Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Cruise distance sensing

Tbirdusa

I don't like it. While I know I can set the distance but Kansas City traffic does bode well for this feature.
Seems if you leave 100 feet between you and the car in front of you, some jerk has to pull into that zone and now I back up another 100 feet, and the situation repeats itself.

Sounds like it is working properly. I have never liked cruise control on anything, the distance sensing one is worse in my opinion. Leave it off and drive the car. (flame suit on)
Bruce (not the tech)

Take the car out on the open road and you will love it. I use it all the time on long trips such as Colorado to Illinois or to Calif and so on. It isn't good in heavy traffic so I don't use it whenever I am doing city driving.

I never liked it on my 04 because of the jerks that would jump into the space. So I learned to keep a little pressure on the pedal to close the gap and that worked fine.
Try it behind someone in local traffic and when he slams on his brake so does the X and will go down to 8 MPH before disengaging. I caught hell from members for being careless and I think the word reckless came up too, but I wanted to see where it kicked off.
Now you know the rest of the stoooooooory!:pat:
I don't like it. While I know I can set the distance but Kansas City traffic does bode well for this feature.
Seems if you leave 100 feet between you and the car in front of you, some jerk has to pull into that zone and now I back up another 100 feet, and the situation repeats itself.

I agree that it takes some getting used to but on long trips on the open highway it is great. Not intended for use in city traffic in the first place. My 2 cents. Doug-J

Kansas City is highways throughout the area, much like Dallas. I've just grown used to using my cruise alot in the city and with this car, I just have to drive it. Probably safer anyway.
The other thing I don't like about it is on tight curves, it picks up the concrete road barriers and will apply the brake. I'll have to get used to it though.
Just wish there was an option to switch that feature off and run it like normal cruise control.

When I had my '04, I would do like standby and keep my foot on the pedal to keep it from braking in different situations. Your only other option is to do what I did and upgrade to a V; it has the standard cruise control.:lol::lol:

Kansas City is highways throughout the area, much like Dallas. I've just grown used to using my cruise alot in the city and with this car, I just have to drive it. Probably safer anyway.
The other thing I don't like about it is on tight curves, it picks up the concrete road barriers and will apply the brake. I'll have to get used to it though.
Just wish there was an option to switch that feature off and run it like normal cruise control.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom