Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

CTS-V brake caliper

Cadiblk

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black Raven XLR
I found the 2009 - 2011 CTS-V brake calipers on gmpartsdirect.com for $325 each. I was wondering if anyone knew if those calipers will fit on the XLR? The calipers appear (visually) to be the same as the Corvette calipers (which bolt on provided the wheel fits around them) but I cannot be sure. I do like the yellow color coupled with the V logo on the caliper itself as opposed to the Corvette logo.

I don't have an answer to your question... but, I do ahve something to consider...

when I put on the Corvette C6 Z06 calipers on my XLR-V, not only did I have to make sure they would bolt on... but I'd have to find a set of rotors that would work as well... in both diameter, and offset... so even if the 09+ CTS-V calipers were to bolt-on, you'd have to find a working rotor that you'd like.

Just food for thought.

Which rotor did you end up going with?

Does anyone know where I can find the bolt pattern, dimensions, etc to see if these will fit on an XLR?

Bolt pattern for the XLR is 5x120. Technically the bolt pattern is the same, however the CTS-V studs are larger in diameter. In addition to that you will need to get a new set of wheels to clear the large offset created by the brake caliper.

Thank you,

Dr. Design
D3 Cadillac

Does anyone know where I can find the bolt pattern, dimensions, etc to see if these will fit on an XLR?

Thanks for the information. I did not know the studs were actually thicker, but that does make sense.

I was curious about the brake calipers on the CTS-V. Especially, the black diamond edition with the yellow brembo caliper. Are those calipers interchangeable with the stock XLR?

08-2011-cadillac-cts-v-wagon-black-diamond-chicago-2011.jpg

Here is another photo of the CTS-V yellow brake rotor. I think they would look incredible on an XLR, especially my Raven Black XLR!! Still trying to find out if they will bolt on like the Corvette Rotors.

PHP:

Here is another photo of the CTS-V yellow brake rotor. I think they would look incredible on an XLR, especially my Raven Black XLR!! Still trying to find out if they will bolt on like the Corvette Rotors.

PHP:
any luck on this project? Did you find out if they will fit? I agree with you, I have an 06" Black XLR and am also looking to do a "big brake kit" on mine -- i have been researching this project, and I am also looking to go yellow -- like the Caddy D3 Project Car or like the CTS-V series calipers as you have shown. My only request is I want to keep my "stock v-series" rim, I dont want to swap my V rims with an aftermarket rim. Let me know what you find.

My only request is I want to keep my "stock v-series" rim, I dont want to swap my V rims with an aftermarket rim. Let me know what you find.

I don't think that the stock V wheels would work with any big brake calipers - at the very least you'd need spacers - which probably isn't a good idea since the studs are pretty short

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom