Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Dealer Buy Back Programs

ECurtis

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004, Xenon Blue XLR
Does anyone know anything about dealer buy back program? Are they generally a good deal? Has anyone ever participated in one? If so, what was your experience like?

buyback

Does anyone know anything about dealer buy back program? Are they generally a good deal? Has anyone ever participated in one? If so, what was your experience like?

do you mean the dealer has a buyback car to sell or are they trying to buy your car back??

do you mean the dealer has a buyback car to sell or are they trying to buy your car back??

The dealer would try to buy one's car back.

In this case it is from one of my brothers. They want to buy his car back. In my opinion, it is not a good deal unless one owns the car out right and they are offering a really a good amount for it. I wanted to know what others thought or if they had any experience with that kind of program.

Yeah, not a program, just a pitch to get you onto the dealer's sales floor. I get letters from two different dealers every 3-4 months telling me how badly they need late-model used cars, suggesting some special value. This month's is "up to 4000 over blue book trade in value".

My local dealer always has an extra incentive for coming in and hearing the offer. It started out as 5 $1 gold coins, went to a $20 Publix gift card and this month I was offered a $30 service department credit. And there's always a followup phone call trying to schedule my appointment with one of the owners to discuss their offer.

come on down!

The dealer would try to buy one's car back.

In this case it is from one of my brothers. They want to buy his car back. In my opinion, it is not a good deal unless one owns the car out right and they are offering a really a good amount for it. I wanted to know what others thought or if they had any experience with that kind of program.

"In this case" as others have said just trying to get one of your brothers into the showroom, I don't think he'll get any great deal.just my 2cts.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom