Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

DIC Info/Reset/ Multi-switch Replacement

Rule62

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Sable Black XLR/V
20161225_202059609_iOS.jpg20161225_202045801_iOS.jpg

Good Very Merry Christmas to you all!!

I am blessed to have an amazing wife who actually pays attention to the little things and, low and behold, this materialized in my Christmas Stocking this morning. WooHoo. It's the only switch in my XLR that, while it still functions properly, has lost it's back lighting. It's the sort of small detail that drives a Virgo like me crazy!!

I'm a novice at doing much beyond the basics of checking fluids, filters and what not. Can anyone guide me on the best method of accessing this switch and replacing it? How much of the dash needs to come apart? Or, should I just take it to my audio installer who seems to have a savant-like sense about how these things come apart?

Thanks in advance, as usual. I hope you all have having a whatever makes this a wonderful, magical, day for you. :cool:

That's Cool you got surprise! I have never had that part of the car apart so I'm not much help.... LOL But enjoy the rest of the holidays safely!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

First off, go HERE first and scroll down to post #13. It's for replacement of the ignition switch, but the disassembly and reassembly is the same. Be especially careful of the temp. sensor behind the little grill on the bottom of the panel. It can come loose and you won't realize it.

First off, go HERE first and scroll down to post #13. It's for replacement of the ignition switch, but the disassembly and reassembly is the same. Be especially careful of the temp. sensor behind the little grill on the bottom of the panel. It can come loose and you won't realize it.

Thanks Rexster. There really isn't enough National Guard stateside to deal with me if I start drinking, so I'll pass on the beer! 🤡

Hi and rightly so we are fortunate to have our wives,hey if your not very mechanically oriented I'll let you know that it wasn't expensive I had my local Cadillac dealer install emoji26]one error and[emoji24]good luck

Last edited:
Thanks Rexster. There really isn't enough National Guard stateside to deal with me if I start drinking, so I'll pass on the beer! 🤡

Took me a whole 30 minutes to replace that switch. Thank ccclarke for advising when to take the beer breaks

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom