Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Differential fluid change-TSB 10022263

R

rbweddle

I saw this TSB recently with the recommendation to change the differential fluid but I can't find it. What was the recommended fluid part number and how much?

Thanks,

Bruce

PART # 88862624 ALMOST 2 QUARTS

I believe the TSB said NOT to add the anti-slip additive. Is that correct?

thx

I just changed my diff fluid a month ago with the LS fluid and now my diff is perfectly quiet and no grinding at all. It will take just under 2 quarts to fill.

That is correct. Limited-slip additive is not needed when using Dexron-LS rear axle fluid.

I thought they put that additive in there when we have the "grinding" sound when we back up? What was that TSB? Mine's going in Monday for this,,,, to get it done before BG.

Chad

I thought they put that additive in there when we have the "grinding" sound when we back up? What was that TSB? Mine's going in Monday for this,,,, to get it done before BG.

Chad

Dexron LS is the latest rear axle fluid & it already has the limited-slip friction modifier blended in it.
TSB #07-04-20-002B

As I do not have the TSB how offen should you change the fluid or should you wait until you have the noise?

As I do not have the TSB how offen should you change the fluid or should you wait until you have the noise?

If you don't have any noise coming from the rearend your car is probably fine or, maybe its already been done at the dealer if you had it in for service.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom