Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Differential Noise

On the PA trip this year, Bruce told Amy and I to have our '06 axel nuts checked the next time it was in for service. I did and the dealer was surprised to get 1 1/2 turns on the axel nuts. Worth checking to see if it helps reduce the noise. :dunno:
Also, the differential fluid has been changed 2 times. So far so good for "Beauty".

Mike

Any other recommendation I missed? Sending mine in this Friday for PA Inspection is due and a full overall check up, getting it ready for March trip to GA. So while it is in gonna get Trans flush, Coolant flush & Rear end lube exchange it has 61,000 mile, I think changing these is a good ideal keeping your oils clean, on next visit in when doing the brakes (when ever pads need changed) will do a brake fluid flush & power streering unit flush too! :rocker: DID I MISS ANYTHING ELSE???? :dunno:

Caddyman Dan :wave:

Well fairly nice cool day here in PA yesterday so Roxy came out for a Sunday drive down to the York Hospital to visit dad after his surgery. And notice this hopping again when turning hard. So since it only about 10 day before our SC getaway going to send her back up for another fluid change again, just first time changed it was last January 2012 / 61,000 mile now she has 70,000 on her! Then if it still not right after the trip then we will adventure into a rebuild since it still under the Route66 warranty! Looks like this Route66 Warranty is going to pay for it self good for 3 more years or 100000 mile !!!!!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Thanks Dan

Well they called and said the rear end oil was changed and fixed it again, but the question is for how long this time??????

Well they called and said the rear end oil was changed and fixed it again, but the question is for how long this time??????

Good Luck!! Hopefully that will take care of the problem. :wave:

Leaving next Sat for Hilton Head SC that should give her a good run down and back here to PA to test her???

On the PA trip this year, Bruce told Amy and I to have our '06 axel nuts checked the next time it was in for service. I did and the dealer was surprised to get 1 1/2 turns on the axel nuts. Worth checking to see if it helps reduce the noise. :dunno:
Also, the differential fluid has been changed 2 times. So far so good for "Beauty".

Mike

Mike
This will be the 2 nd time changing on Roxy rear end also, hope it stops it on her called today to remind them to check the axle nuts before I pick her up tonight after work!!

Mike
This will be the 2 nd time changing on Roxy rear end also, hope it stops it on her called today to remind them to check the axle nuts before I pick her up tonight after work!!

A really simple check to have done. Best wishes for the fix. :wave:

A really simple check to have done. Best wishes for the fix. :wave:

Well she seems to be smooth and fixed! Full right/left turns no hopping at all!! They did check rear axle nuts said they both was tight they were not loose! :blinzel: :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom