Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! ding ding ding

P

PhaetonPhoto

My XLR dings at me sometimes when i open the door. Any ideas?

It's the kind of ding like i left my lights on, but i have everything set to auto right now. It's not always, just some times. Like when i came out of work the other day. it had been sitting for eight hours.

:dunno:

Hmmm, very interesting. Especially since I only have 1 fob. It's not really a problem, I was just curious to make sure it wasn't a real problem.

Interesting article, I think i'll leave it be for now, but it's helpful to know whats there.

Thanks guys!
-dl

Hmmm, very interesting. Especially since I only have 1 fob. It's not really a problem, I was just curious to make sure it wasn't a real problem.

Interesting article, I think i'll leave it be for now, but it's helpful to know whats there.

Thanks guys!
-dl

For me it was a problem...

I'd come back to the car after a day or so, only to find it unlocked... furthermore, since it thought that the fob was still in the car, I learned that I could actually start the car without the fob.

yikes :mad:

Wow. that is a problem. I guess I'll look into this a little more.

Thanks guys!
-dl

Could there be another fob in the car that you don't know about?

Actually if it is the ding, ding, ding and not the horn honk the vehicle unintentionally is in accessory mode, Hit the bottom stop button again and it will stop. I had this happen twice in a row and finally figured it out.

My XLR dings at me sometimes when i open the door. Any ideas?

It's the kind of ding like i left my lights on, but i have everything set to auto right now. It's not always, just some times. Like when i came out of work the other day. it had been sitting for eight hours.

:dunno:

Actually if it is the ding, ding, ding and not the horn honk the vehicle unintentionally is in accessory mode, Hit the bottom stop button again and it will stop. I had this happen twice in a row and finally figured it out.

I've noticed this a few times also, have to be careful when exiting the vehicle.
Bruce

It would be great if there was a fob in the car i didn't know about, since I bought the car used and it only came with one, and i don't particularly want to pay for a second (even though i know i probably should, and sooner rather than later). but i doubt it.

I just found it odd that it wasn't dinging when i left the car, only when i came back.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom