Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

"Driver !" program memory

Steve Lee

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
Recently I adjusted the driver's seat lumbar before starting the motor. After doing that I found the when I turn the car off, the steering wheel, seat etc. don't move to the "Off" positions (seat cushion to rear- steering wheel full up) like they did before making that stupid mistake. I readjusted all of those settings later with the motor running, pushed the memory button on the lower front corner of the driver's seat, and heard it "ding" twice. Now when shutting the motor off, the steering wheel only moves up slightly ( not full up like it should) and the driver's seat doesn't move back at all. I'm sure I screwed the memory up. How do I refresh it???

Last edited:
drivers seat steering wheel exit (Factory)settings recall

Recently I adjusted the driver's seat lumbar before starting the motor. After doing that I found the when I turn the car off, the steering wheel, seat etc. don't move to the "Off" positions (seat cushion to rear- steering wheel full up) like they did before making that stupid mistake. I readjusted all of those settings later with the motor running, pushed the memory button on the lower front corner of the driver's seat, and heard it "ding" twice. Now when shutting the motor off, the steering wheel only moves up slightly ( not full up like it should) and the driver's seat doesn't move back at all. I'm sure I screwed the memory up. How do I refresh it???

Fixed it myself!! 1-move driver seat full back and steering wheel full up. 2-Push center (exit) button on front edge driver seat, 2 beeps. 3-Move driver seat and steering to comfort positions. 4- push drive memory button, 2 beeps. Done!! Could have fixed it sooner if the d*m Owners manual was more organized! Seats-lumbar, height, and backrest positions, and fore and aft are on P.1-2, and memory seat is on P.2-54. Dumb, dumb, dumb!! should all be on P. 1-2 period!! Sometimes you have to be a Philadelphia lawyer to dechipher this manual!!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom