Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! driver's door glass

xlr 443

My XLR/V(s)
2008 Crystal Red XLR-V
I took my 2008 XLR-V out of storage yesterday only to discover that the drivers side window won't seat after the door is closed.I'm able to complete the cycle from inside using the power window switch. The passenger side works perfect. What needs to be done to correct this problem ?

Rayzor

window

What do you mean by indexing the window ? DO you mean making sure its in the channel ?Or, putting the window up and down a few times ? If so, I've done that several times to no avail.

I took my 2008 XLR-V out of storage yesterday only to discover that the drivers side window won't seat after the door is closed.I'm able to complete the cycle from inside using the power window switch. The passenger side works perfect. What needs to be done to correct this problem ?

Rayzor

Did you leave the window down while stored? If so, the track might have swelled slightly.
Options:
a Do nothing. By leaving the glass up, the track might return to the correct shape.
b If that doesn't work, use some lubricant on the track - a silicone spray used at tiny quantities might fix it. You don't want to get the silicone lubricant on the glass, it smears badly.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom