Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Driver's seat repair

rexster314

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Base Infrared
Today I was in Houston at the Cadillac dealer getting the hardtop problem lined out. When I left I decided to go by the upholstery shop I've been talking to about getting this fixed:

2015-10-04 13.42.03.jpg

I've been emailing the company since before the first of the year, and the price agreed on was $225 to remove/repair this wear spot. When I got there, I was told that they could do it on the spot and be finished in a couple of hours. I had nothing else to do so told them to get after it.

20160208_145942.jpg

A little over 2 hours later I was on my way back home.

20160208_205015[1].jpg

Last edited:
Seat Repair

Today I was in Houston at the Cadillac dealer getting the hardtop problem lined out. When I left I decided to go by the upholstery shop I've been talking to about getting this fixed:

View attachment 6127

I've been emailing the company since before the first of the year, and the price agreed on was $225 to remove/repair this wear spot. When I got there, I was told that they could do it on the spot and be finished in a couple of hours. I had nothing else to do so told them to get after it.

View attachment 6128

A little over 2 hours later I was on my way back home.

View attachment 6131

Very nice job!

Don't you love when it works out. Looks good looks like a perfect match. :thumbsup

They have a thriving online business. Saw one of the guys there taking out several dozen flat rate USPS boxes to be sent out. You can send them your seat covers and they'll repair them then send them back to you. Based on my experience, there's a lot of happy people out there. Richmond Auto Upholstery in Houston, Texas if anyone else is interested.
What was interesting while I was waiting, one of the guys gave me a short lesson on leather. According to him, Cadillac has some of the better quality leather seating. The original seat covers were made in Mexico and are pretty thin with a fabric backing to strengthen the leather. The leather that was replaced feels almost twice as thick with the same suppleness of the original. Also said that Zaino, Lexol and the stuff from Griot's was the best stuff to put on your leather seats.

I have their card because of a Cadillac seat repair I have seen locally. Excellent. I also recommend them

Was the Cadillac dealer in Houston Tom Peacock?

Too far north of me, David Taylor on the Southwest Freeway. Service manager couldn't have been more helpful, service tech was quite knowledgeable on the XLR. Even another tech who had one of those woodpecker haircuts knew about XLR's

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom