Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Driving light alignment

Phrede

Seasoned Member
After having my bumper re-finished I think my driving lights are too low. Anyone ever tweak their alignment? Hints?

This off season I hope to change them out to HIDs but for now I just want to get the aim back.

headlight alignment

Very easy to adjust vertically.Forgot the size of the allen wrench that will adjust but its around 1/8 inch but probably metric sized. There is a funnel at the side and top of the lamp assembly the allen goes in there..have fun tweaking

Very easy to adjust vertically.Forgot the size of the allen wrench that will adjust but its around 1/8 inch but probably metric sized. There is a funnel at the side and top of the lamp assembly the allen goes in there..have fun tweaking
Jim - isn't that "funnel" for adjusting the HEADLIGHTS? I think Fred wants to adjust the driving/fog lights. I know there is an adjustment on the housing (access by removing the panel on the inside of the front wheel well). Thats how it is for 2004-2008. I know the Fog lights are different on a 2009 - but I would assume the adjustment method would be similar.

Good luck. :wave:

Jim - isn't that "funnel" for adjusting the HEADLIGHTS? I think Fred wants to adjust the driving/fog lights. I know there is an adjustment on the housing (access by removing the panel on the inside of the front wheel well). Thats how it is for 2004-2008. I know the Fog lights are different on a 2009 - but I would assume the adjustment method would be similar.

Good luck. :wave:

Right, I'm interested in the driving/fog lights in the bumper.

Am I reading this correctly in that the front wheels will need to be pulled to remove the access panels?

Hmm, looks like I will need to take some tight measurements in order to be able to do the poor man alignment method. Shine the lights on the side of the barn after marking the centerline and height of the light.

misunderstood the question

I dont know anything about aiming the fog lights..just the headlights

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry