Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

DVD NAVIGATION UPDATES?

indyraz

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Light Platinum XLR/V
HI all, new to this nice forum of yours. I'm in the middle of my 1600mi trip home in my new lt platinum 06 XLRV, so far all is nice except the ads that said these cars have no additional options - that's bunk, mine has no adaptive cruise, nor heated steering wheel. Probably no sideways looking headlights either..what else? Sorry for the complaints. Now who knows if the Nav DVD GM sells are truly up to date 2015+maps for these cars, or is the 2009 version actually just old 2009 Roads?
By the way, put the pedal down on an empty OKlahoma road and wow...surprised I was, I'm pretty sure all that torque will leave my M3 in the dust. Just not the state cops, oops... luckily the 4ft barrier did not allow enough of my 4+ft tall car to be zapped. 😂 Thank you!

Welcome to the XLR Net. I'm going to move your thread into the XLR Tech forum for greater exposure...

HI all, new to this nice forum of yours. I'm in the middle of my 1600mi trip home in my new lt platinum 06 XLRV, so far all is nice except the ads that said these cars have no additional options - that's bunk, mine has no adaptive cruise, nor heated steering wheel. Probably no sideways looking headlights either..what else? Sorry for the complaints. Now who knows if the Nav DVD GM sells are truly up to date 2015+maps for these cars, or is the 2009 version actually just old 2009 Roads?
By the way, put the pedal down on an empty OKlahoma road and wow...surprised I was, I'm pretty sure all that torque will leave my M3 in the dust. Just not the state cops, oops... luckily the 4ft barrier did not allow enough of my 4+ft tall car to be zapped. 😂 Thank you!

Indyraz, If your car is a "V" you will not have the adaptive cruise. I think that is because of the style of grill you have. I don't think a heated steering wheel was even available in 2006 but I may be wrong. I think you will find you have sideway looking headlights. 2006 was the first year that was available . I have never used my Nav but from everything I've read it's not up to todays standards. Remember . you have a 10 year old car.
John F.

Adaptive cruise and a wood grain heated steering wheel were two sacrifices we all had to make when purchasing the more expensive "V" model, but I think you found where the difference between the V and the base lies when you punch the gas! Tough choice, but personally I'm OK with it.

I wouldn't waste any money on the Nav. It was outdated when your car was new. Probably designed around 2002 for the 2004 model introduction.

Last edited:
Yup, don't waste your time on an "updated" DVD for your Navigation. Several people have been suckered into buying the GM disc, but the data is at the very least 7 years old if not older. If it's important to you, upgrade the system to a current Nav unit like I did. You won't be sorry

The heated steering wheel was introduced on the 2008 base and V model while Bluetooth was added in 2009. Chrome wheels were the only option available in the V model for its 4 year production. Enjoy the early model V, it is the quickest especially in Infrared.

Upgreaded/New Nav unit

Yup, don't waste your time on an "updated" DVD for your Navigation. Several people have been suckered into buying the GM disc, but the data is at the very least 7 years old if not older. If it's important to you, upgrade the system to a current Nav unit like I did. You won't be sorry

Hi Rexster thank you for the note, would you have a recommendation for a specific replacement in-dash DVD/CD/Nav system/model compatible with steering wheel controls, etc? Thanks ~ Raz

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom