Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Nav System Map DVD

OK all you people that haven't gotten two nav disc's for the 06 and 07 XLR.
It clearly shows on the window sticker that we are eligible for two Disc's and doesn't say when we can get them.
I received my first one a year after I bought my 06-V, now I'm told by this third party group that they discontinued the program in December 2008. How do you discontinue a program that you bought with your vehicle in 06 and 07, I asked. They told me to go to my dealer and argue the point, which I did to no avail.
I then called customer service who is getting back to me with an answer.
Since then I find this service bulletin on our site.
http://xlr-net.com/kb/questions/42/...tin:+Change+in+the+GM+Nav+Disc+Update+Program

and clearly states that we owners of 06 and 07 XLR's are still entitled to both disc's. Please see the last sentence in paragraph three after the paragraph named models.

This bulletin will back up my claim when they call me and I will push as hard as I can for them to honor their commitment.
It's all about tenacity.:wave:
If I get a new disc, my 07 disc will be available for one drink at Cadillacs bar in SA. So sign up if you need an 07 disc.

My disc is version 7 and they would not give me the newest disc. However they did just send the latest disc for my 07 SRX. It is awsome, it tells you the block number on the street you are on and as you drive you can constantly see it scrooling the numbers up or down depending on which way you are going. I am going to try again to get the latest version for the XLR

Did you read that paragraph in that bulletin?
My disc is version 7 and they would not give me the newest disc. However they did just send the latest disc for my 07 SRX. It is awsome, it tells you the block number on the street you are on and as you drive you can constantly see it scrooling the numbers up or down depending on which way you are going. I am going to try again to get the latest version for the XLR

Hey Bobo, you may have to jump through some hoops, but I believe you are correct about being owed another free update. The Corvette free update was also for model years 06 & 07. However, to receive the free updates you had to register your car at gmnavdisc.com. Good luck!

Just got off the phone with GM and they agree that this third party disc maker should have not canceled the program on December 08.
This out source company was supposed to send a card to all 06 & 07 XLR owners that they must get their last disc before December 08 but I never received any such postcard from them. Did you?
This GM rep's name is Ernie Reckling at 866-790-5600 Ex. 32141 if any of our members didn't receive their disc's I suggest a call to him to let him know how dissatisfied we are with their out sourcing and not full filling their obligation of seeing that we get our two disc's.
He will be calling me back by Friday to see what their legal department can make this third party disc maker do to fulfill their contract to we owners.
Will keep you all informed. I'm not fighting just for me but for you members also. If I should be the only one to receive an 07 disc or maybe an 09 I will take steps to make sure you all get an update by other means, but will only be done using my personal email and not on this site.:patriot:
Hey Bobo, you may have to jump through some hoops, but I believe you are correct about being owed another free update. The Corvette free update was also for model years 06 & 07. However, to receive the free updates you had to register your car at gmnavdisc.com. Good luck!

Just got off the phone with GM and they agree that this third party disc maker should have not canceled the program on December 08.
This out source company was supposed to send a card to all 06 & 07 XLR owners that they must get their last disc before December 08 but I never received any such postcard from them. Did you?
This GM rep's name is Ernie Reckling at 866-790-5600 Ex. 32141 if any of our members didn't receive their disc's I suggest a call to him to let him know how dissatisfied we are with their out sourcing and not full filling their obligation of seeing that we get our two disc's.
He will be calling me back by Friday to see what their legal department can make this third party disc maker do to fulfill their contract to we owners.
Will keep you all informed. I'm not fighting just for me but for you members also. If I should be the only one to receive an 07 disc or maybe an 09 I will take steps to make sure you all get an update by other means, but will only be done using my personal email and not on this site.:patriot:

Yeah, once I registered my Vette's VIN at gmnavdisc.com I got postcards in the mail on or about my first and second year anniversary of buying the car. After recieving the postcards I went to gmnavdisc.com and entered the order number on the card and they sent out the free update.

GM working on Disc's for us....No promises

Just got a call back and GM and they want a fax of my first receipt for the first disc, the Bulletin containing the words 06 & 07 will recieve their discs and a copy of my window sticker which clearly shows we are entiltled to two discs with no time limit impossed.
Unfortunetly I put the info on my note pad on my IPhone and forgot to press done and lost the fax number, so I have to call him back tomorrow and tell him how stupid I am.
Yeah, once I registered my Vette's VIN at gmnavdisc.com I got postcards in the mail on or about my first and second year anniversary of buying the car. After recieving the postcards I went to gmnavdisc.com and entered the order number on the card and they sent out the free update.

I just bought a 2006 XLR-V and the nav disc was missing. I don't trust the dealer to come up with one and the nav disc center says they are out of stock. Anyone have an older disc that they want to get rid of so I can use my nav?

Bought my 2008 XLR new two months ago. Nav disk was broken. For 6 weeks the dealer told me the disk was on back order. I bugged the owner and he gave me one from a 2009 until mine came in. WHAT A WASTE OF TIME. The Nav is slightly more advanced than the old Pong video game. I am back to my using my Garmin.

Note: Instead of partially blocking the front windshield with the Garmin, the suction cup sticks to the front dash wood below the CD insert and above the airconditioner controls. It really looks good like it is suppose to be there, out of the way yet handy to use with a very short run for the cord from inside the center console.

Hey, some of us LIKE pong! It was my first video game; I got it for Christmas many years ago, and started playing it at about 2:00AM non-stop for hours!!!:lol:

We feel your pain on the navigation system and its shortcomings. It really was designed to be easy for GM to update through the years but, due to the low volume, it just wasn't worth the investment. The graphics and features are certainly not up to par when compared to other systems but we think the rest of the car makes up for it! :rocker:

The GM Adaptive Cruise Control is still the best system available; the folding hard top is awesome; and the looks of the car still get attention no matter where you go! I had a kid DROOLING ON MY CAR in Bowling Green, Kentucky. He asked me what I was driving (he had no clue!) when I was LITERALLY ACROSS THE STREET from the manufacturing plant!

PS I usually use my Navigation system to "watch" (not literally) movies on long trips. I also use a portable, but I usually attach it to the cup holer (if it isn't otherwise occupied).

I LOVE this car! Best car I have ever had by far. I still smile every time I get in. I just like to make it even better:
o Upgraded grill;
o Chrome rims;
o Rear sway bar;
o Cadi mesh windscreen and WindRestrictor (they take turns);
o Garmin.
Any NAV system is going to be dated within a couple of years not matter how current. The XLR was NAV was dated a few years ago. That is why I mention the Gramin and how well it mounts in the car. It almost looks stock. It is one of my cheaper upgrades; only cost a couple of hundred. Plus I will replace it in a couple of years when the technology improves.

I use the nav in my STS and have bought discs for it off of E-bay, but don't see any there for the XLR and the nav is different from the STS or I would just use those discs. I have a Garmin that I can use, but would like to have the nav in the new car working also. I have heard similar comments about factory nav in the STS, but actually it has some advantages over the Garman once you figure out how to use all of it's features. It's certinally not as easy to use as the Garmin, but once I get it set up I like it better. I hope the XLR nav is as least as good as the STS nav. Whats the deal with the Nav Disc center? They show out of stock on all of the discs for the XLR.

Right now I have a DVD in there ane it works fine for audio when I am driving. The nice thing about the STS is you can play DVDs in the changer and keep your nav disc in it's slot so you have nav and video at the same time.

The GM Adaptive Cruise Control is still the best system available; the folding hard top is awesome; and the looks of the car still get attention no matter where you go! I had a kid DROOLING ON MY CAR in Bowling Green, Kentucky. He asked me what I was driving (he had no clue!) when I was LITERALLY ACROSS THE STREET from the manufacturing plant!

I know what you mean... the other day when I was in the car, I passed a kid 5 or 6 years old on a bicycle. He said "Nice car" as I drove by. Amazed me that a kid that age would even look at a car, let alone be impressed by one. And just yesterday going through the DQ drive through, a pickup loaded with teenagers in the box was driving by and one of them put their fist up. My friend in the passenger seat said, "They can see that this is a sharp car from THAT far away?" I said, "You bet... everyone knows a sharp car when they see it, even from afar."
This car is one amazing piece of machinery... I am in awe each and every time I get behind the wheel - especially on road trips...

Got my new 2009 version nav disk from the nav disk center. Nav works fine, but is still does no show the bridge built over 15 years ago that we use all the time below Lake Livingston. It will still come in handy on our trip to the East coast later this year.

Version 8--although if you call the nav disk center, they tell you they don't go by version numbers any longer.

What is the version number for the 2009?

Anyone interested, I’ve finally gotten to where I can make a back-up of my GM NAV DVD. It’s pretty much all about having the right DVD burner, media and some really cool software. If you would like I would be willing to make you a back-up as well. You must have a legitimate factory GM NAV disk that you could send to me, as well as the blank media. I am by no means in the business of making pirated DVD’s of copyrighted materials so if you don’t have an original don’t ask. However I believe that you are entitled to one back-up copy of a data disk that you own. For more information PM me here.
I love my XLR!! by far the best car I've ever owned.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom