Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Ebay code for sale

monepit

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004 black raven
There is a guy on Ebay selling the code to watch dvd while driving. I know it is 1791 and it does work. What interests me is that he also says he has 4 simple steps to access navightion while driving.. Is this possible? He only wants 6 bucks for it. I would gladly pay more than that to access the nav while driving but I dont want to pay anything for a ripoff. Any thoughts?

I believe the code only worked on 2004 and early 2005 models and then Cadillac changed it. The code does not work in later models.

I have read his add and all he is selling is the 1791 code and how to use it. The add says it will only work for model years 2004 and 2005.

Mine is an 04. The 1791 works fine. Dosn't seem to effect the nav though. I would pay alot to be able to access the nav while driving. What a pain.

Just an update for the people who haven't obtained their first or second free disc.
I will know by this coming Tuesday night if GM is able to get this third party to give up the free discs for those that where due them. I have been working in the back ground on this one and hope to get a favorable answer, but who knows.
Crossed fingers...........I never got my second disc by the cut off date.:pat:
Mine is an 04. The 1791 works fine. Dosn't seem to effect the nav though. I would pay alot to bt able to access the nav while driving. What a pain.

Seems redundant to be selling a number when we all shared the number back in 04...........FOR FREE.
When I received my 07 disc, I sent my 06 disc out free to a member, (forget who) but the point is why does everyone have a to make a buck on everything. SHARE is a good word.
Maybe someone will buy the $6 dollar code for operating the nav system while driving and SHARE it.:patriot:
Seems a bit redundant to have a Garmin on the dash and a GPS in the dash.

Press and HOLD the little button above the volume knob (it has a "note" on it). Soon the screen will display a numbered keypad. Press 1791 and then the Enter key.

You won't know anything is different ultil you try to view a DVD while driving and you actually can. You also need to enter the code to get the screen to "flip up" to change the DVD while driving.

Enjoy!

Press and HOLD the little button above the volume knob (it has a "note" on it). Soon the screen will display a numbered keypad. Press 1791 and then the Enter key.

You won't know anything is different ultil you try to view a DVD while driving and you actually can. You also need to enter the code to get the screen to "flip up" to change the DVD while driving.

Enjoy!
Homegrown does. :laugh::laugh:Watching Family Guy.

Thanks.... Now my wife can watch hours and hours of Oprah DVDs while I am driving....

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom