Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Electronic clicking in dash

Mountsberg, Ontario, Ca., winters: Port Charlotte
My XLR/V(s)
2009 XLR Crystal Red Metalic
Does anyone have any thoughts on this? I was driving down a bumpy road and heard a creaking or something in the dash on the passenger side. I thought 'CRAP' I have a dash creak, I really hate creaking and ratteling cars. (this car is new to me, only had 2 weeks so I am still getting to know it) Anyway when the car came to a stop the noise continued then it stopped shortly after, I realize it was not a creaking but an electronic type of noise. I have heard it once again and realize it makes the same noise when you push the ignition stop switch or the accessory switch or if you put your foot on the brakes when ignition was off, like you have to to push the start button. I mentioned it to my husband and he said that it had done it for him and me meant to mention it to me.
I stopped by the Cadillac dealership finally today for the first time to register the car and book an appointment to fix a few minor things etc. I mentioned this to the service writer, he was not familiar with the complaint but unfortunately could not access the service bulletin files as the system was down.
The car will go to the dealers once the get a part my car needs, but meanwhile if any of you have any insight on this I would appreciate it. If I can send the dealer in a possible direction that would be helpful to solve this situation on the first trip. It is hard to diagnose something if it is not doing it all the time!
Thanks
Sandy

there are a lot of relays in the dash, they make clicking noises, if you have one that's failing possibly it could make noise at any time.

IIRC the clicking of the relays could be related to the presence of the fobs. The batteries could be low and the car could be loosing & regaining contact with the FOBS. Try new batteries in them. Probably just a good idea in any event.

Bob

There's a little fan right behind the dash by the ignition switch used to pull air into the interior temp sensor. Might be worth a look (or listen.)

CC

Thanks for the thoughts, :worship: I was wondering if it had anything to do with the fob communicating to the car. I know there are new batteries in the #2 fob as there were totally dead and the dealer did that for me. (Steve is unsure what fob he had when it did that for him) I will change the ones in my fob tomorrow and see if that makes a difference.

Problem Solved

Sorry, I just realized I never posted this. It turned out that the battery in the fob was getting weak and needed repalcing. :pat:
I replaced the battery and the clicking went away! :rocker:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back