Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Elwood exhaust

hawkeye372

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 infrared xlr
Some of those like the grey one has larger exhaust tips. Boy I bet those out out the sound.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hawkeye... The Thunder Gray one is mine but the black (Gizmo & Elwood) one next to me is about the loudest thing on the street, I kid you not. It sounds beastly.

Some of those like the grey one has larger exhaust tips. Boy I bet those out out the sound.

Hawkeye... The Thunder Gray one is mine but the black (Gizmo & Elwood) one next to me is about the loudest thing on the street, I kid you not. It sounds beastly.

:chuckle Sorta Kinda. If you only knew..... You had to be there to really appreciate it :chuckle

Last edited:
Well be it gizmo. I think he wants everyone to know he's coming around the corner or 5 miles away

Indeed...

That is so true.... Elwood definitely needs some anger management counseling....lol.

:chuckle Sorta Kinda. If you only knew..... You had to be there to really appreciate it :chuckle

Carmel Artomobilia 2014

That is so true.... Elwood definitely needs some anger management counseling....lol.

Yep lol

but the black (Gizmo & Elwood) one next to me is about the loudest thing on the street, I kid you not. It sounds beastly.

Soo... Does that mean that you got your headers on the car now, Giz??

Soo... Does that mean that you got your headers on the car now, Giz??

We couldn't get the D3 headers I bought to seal sufficiently with my level of boost. So we hand-made a set of 1 3/4" primaries long tube headers and installed them with Billy Boat FCOR-0432 C6 Z06 3" X-pipe and Billy Boat FCOR-0466 C6 Z06 3" Fusion axle-back exhausts.

I lucked out at Bloomington Gold last month. Met up with Mike Boat from Billy Boat there and they had a special on the above that ended up being cheaper than the XLR axle-back alone. So I couldn't pass it up. We just got everything installed last Friday and I literally drove it off the lift, threw my bags in the trunk, and headed for Carmel. It wasn't until Saturday nite that I realized the vacuum lines for the exhaust diverter valves weren't connected. So Elwood is a little less angry cruising down the highway.

We couldn't get the D3 headers I bought to seal sufficiently with my level of boost. So we hand-made a set of 1 3/4" primaries long tube headers and installed them with Billy Boat FCOR-0432 C6 Z06 3" X-pipe and Billy Boat FCOR-0466 C6 Z06 3" Fusion axle-back exhausts.

I lucked out at Bloomington Gold last month. Met up with Mike Boat from Billy Boat there and they had a special on the above that ended up being cheaper than the XLR axle-back alone. So I couldn't pass it up. We just got everything installed last Friday and I literally drove it off the lift, threw my bags in the trunk, and headed for Carmel. It wasn't until Saturday nite that I realized the vacuum lines for the exhaust diverter valves weren't connected. So Elwood is a little less angry cruising down the highway.

Having heard just the XLR version of Billy Boat 2 1/2" exhaust with the diverter valves off (and on a "normal" non-Elwooded XLR-V), I can only imagine how loud Elwood was! Anger management is an understatement!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom