Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Engine Sensors_Top Switches and Check Engine Light

MrO

My XLR/V(s)
Hey All,

I'm starting a new Thread. My old thread " Bad Throttle Linkage?? " was getting a bit off the Title topic... I'm still trying to troubleshoot the Check Engine Light. I took the top cover off the engine to get a closer look at the intake manifold and wiring.

I noticed there are two pairs of connectors on the top front of both heads. They're donut shape covers, about 3" dia. and each has a 2-wire electrical connector attached to it. (Cam pos. sensors??) These looked suspiciously oily so I disconnected them to have a look at the connection. The connector plug had the rubber seal on it, but the sockets were Filled with engine oil... :willy_nilly: Anyone car to comment on how that could happen? The engine itself if pretty clean around the connectors. Could the oil be coming up thru the socket connector?? Is that normal???

Also, as you recall from my previous thread, the Dealer said that the "Flat Rear Tire" warning on the instrument panel was caused by two bad pressure sensors on the rear tire. I declined their repair. This evening I inspected the electrical connector on the suspect wheel. It looked fine. I reattached it and whadya know. The error message went away... (GREAT diagnosing job, Newark, Ca Caddy Dealership):mad::bash:

I'll work on the top sensors tomorrow. Hopefully, being that the new top module in the trunk was successfully reprogrammed, once the bad switch / sensor is found and adjusted/replaced, the top will come to life again... Wish me luck...

Cheers,

Mark (SF Bay Area)

subscribed.gif

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry