Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Eucalyptus Trim

ljkrenek

My XLR/V(s)
2005 XLR Base
Does anyone have or know where I can find the light eucalyptus trim associated with the shifter and cup holder lid? Shop broke the wood itself while removing the trim to replace faulty radio/nav system. These have been discontinued!! Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you. J. Krenek E-mail johnkrenek@hotmail.com

photo

might want to show a photos of the piece. Are you talking about the actual cup holder cover? or the piece next to it. I repair some of them until you find a perfect one.

EUCALYPTUS

MickeyTee...you mentioned that you repair them...Any suggestions for masking any scratches on the Dark Eucalyptus cover over the cup holder?

scratches

MickeyTee...you mentioned that you repair them...Any suggestions for masking any scratches on the Dark Eucalyptus cover over the cup holder?
I need to see them. I have sanded out scratches in the epoxy clear and recoated. if its in the wood, you have to be creative and make it look like grain then recoat. Does your door still work and shut? I am working on a new hinge to fix that and should be able to repair the cover at the same time

Yes all works fine... just a scratch put there by a not careful mechanic as he was working on my CD player..looks and feels a little deep

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

might want to show a photos of the piece. Are you talking about the actual cup holder cover? or the piece next to it. I repair some of them until you find a perfect one.

I may have to resort to that but still looking. Thanks so much. Will provide pic if firther interested.

I may have to resort to that but still looking. Thanks so much. Will provide pic if firther interested.

John, I found a replacement lid and cup holder on ebay about a year ago. That stuff shows up occasionally. The hinges on the original lid were broken beyond repair

Replacement Parts

John, I have a light Eucalyptus shifter knob with Black trim if you need one. It's in very good condition!

God luck in your hunt.

Sal

Last edited:
I need to see them. I have sanded out scratches in the epoxy clear and recoated. if its in the wood, you have to be creative and make it look like grain then recoat. Does your door still work and shut? I am working on a new hinge to fix that and should be able to repair the cover at the same time

Hi Mikeytee,

Interested in what products you use when you repair the wood trim.

After upgrading my head unit, I'm in the process of trying to make two small Zingana/Zebrawood trim pieces to cover where the plastic trim plate is filling in the gaps that were left on either side.

I could live with the plastic trim if I have to, but thought it would look much better if I could get a close enough match on my fabricated ones.

The hardest part so far has been getting the stain to match the original shade. This picture is an earlier attempt on some Zebrawood veneer I picked up to practice on.

I've gotten closer since then, but even knowing which epoxy coat you use would be helpful.

wood compare (3).jpg

Last edited:
yeah he is over on the Masarati forums where they appreciate him .He has built complete transmission housing, water pumps and a bunch of other non available high dollar parts with 3d printing and having molds made to pour castings . Lots of youtubes about the items . Big money saved by the guys over there. Most likely you could use any activated automotive clear. That's what Mercedes used on their wood for years.

LOL.
yeah he is over on the Masarati forums where they appreciate him .He has built complete transmission housing, water pumps and a bunch of other non available high dollar parts with 3d printing and having molds made to pour castings . Lots of youtubes about the items . Big money saved by the guys over there. Most likely you could use any activated automotive clear. That's what Mercedes used on their wood for years.

so David what do find so funny about the post? The people over there are super happy that he moved on to do something they need. What have you built or come up with a repair for us again??

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom