Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Explantation

My XLR/V(s)
2004/XLR
I pray these words find the readers and their families well.

Would someone please help me with what C6 ZO6 Shocks and simulators.
When I go to the parts store and ask for this are they the same thing or are shocks one piece and the simulators another.?
If so what is the simulator and what does it do?

DM
Preacher

The simulators are separate. Since the shocks you are buying are not the magnetic fluid type, and a fraction of the price, they don’t have any plugs. The simulators plug into the connectors that the shocks should have and fool the body control module (BCM) into believing the magnetic shocks are still attached. If the BCM doesn’t get a signal, it give you a display on the DIC that your shocks need attention and limited to 80 MPH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Mag shocks or B8 sporty shocks, or regular ride B6, or the c6 OEM shocks...make a choice.

nken17.

Find enclosed the parts numbers for the front and rear shocks absorbers, they are what the members reported their experiences with this change on their XLR.

The B8 Bilstein series is for the sporty driving without sacrifying the ride of the car however it will lowered your XLR.

The B6 series is for the regular OEM ride of a c6...who can use the same
XLR mag shocks ( as an option )

Also a regular c6 OEM replacement shocks could be an economical way of doing the convertion.

Your local parts store could help you in taking a choice.

Good luck.

IAN

Sans titreInsulator.jpg

s-l1600[1] (3).jpg

The simulators are separate. Since the shocks you are buying are not the magnetic fluid type, and a fraction of the price, they don’t have any plugs. The simulators plug into the connectors that the shocks should have and fool the body control module (BCM) into believing the magnetic shocks are still attached. If the BCM doesn’t get a signal, it give you a display on the DIC that your shocks need attention and limited to 80 MPH.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thank you so very much.

GOD bless you and your family.

DM
Preacher

Model year

nken17.

You can use the year 2006 c6 for references in case that the parts clerk is not aware or use the info of nerkpower.

In a near futur I plant myself to do the same conversion with the B6 series with the regular drive feature.

Re the z06 corvette, it is a code for the lightweight corvettes, such as, with a light frame and some engine components, the B8 series is ideal for this corvette suspension.

Good luck in your purchases and conversion.

IAN :wave:

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back