Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Exterior Colors of 07,08,and09.

DAT

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Infrared XLR-V
How best do I obtain color examples of our XLRs. Reds are a bit difficult and I've not seen some of the colors. Is that something for which we should set up a project...?...maybe for all years. Any thoughts...?

Posting color chips accurately on a computer is difficult, as every computer will change the color somewhat. If you are looking for the color codes, they are listed in the Tech Center for each year under production, that will give you the color code. You can then go to an automotive paint store and see the color firsthand. If you like, I have a file I created with the color chips on them from '04-'09, but it's not very accurate to true color, I can email if you would like. The '07 and '08 colors do not seem to be accurate in the file, as some colors are missing and other colors are added that were not available however.

How best do I obtain color examples of our XLRs. Reds are a bit difficult and I've not seen some of the colors. Is that something for which we should set up a project...?...maybe for all years. Any thoughts...?

Last edited:
I made the attached, but the colors may not show up 'true to life'. Take it for what it is worth.

Cadillac XLR Paint Codes 2004-2009
PaintX= Year AvailableCOLOR
CodeProduction NameAdvertising Name200420052006200720082009CommentsCHIP
10UArctic WhiteAlpine White X (Special Edition)
11UGoldstream Metallic X
12UDark Brahama JewelBlack Cherry X
17UBlade Silver MetallicRadiant Silver X
19ULuxo BlueXenon BlueXXXX
34URed Blue MetallicBlue Steel XX
36UGolden Quartz MetallicLiquid Amethyst XX
41UBlackBlack RavenXXXXXX
46UShaleSatin NickelXX
51UGold Mist XX
57UCyber GrayGray Flannel X
67ULt. Tarnished SilverLight PlatinumXXXXX
74UVictory RedPassion Red X (Special Edition)
80UMonterey RedInfrared XX
82UStar Black X (Special Edition)
85UBluestreamElectra Blue XX
86UMagnetic RedCrimson Pearl RedXX
88USpiral GrayThunder GrayX
89UCrystal ClaretCrystal Red Metallic XX
95UMajestic AmethystMagnetic AmethystX (Nieman-Marcus S.E.)
<colgroup><col width="56" style="width: 42pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 2048;"> <col width="183" style="width: 137pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6692;"> <col width="166" style="width: 125pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6070;"> <col width="54" style="width: 41pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 1974;" span="6"> <col width="179" style="width: 134pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 6546;"> <col width="89" style="width: 67pt; mso-width-source: userset; mso-width-alt: 3254;"> <tbody> </tbody>

Thanks Cubby--dat2you@aol.com..DAT

Posting color chips accurately on a computer is difficult, as every computer will change the color somewhat. If you are looking for the color codes, they are listed in the Tech Center for each year under production, that will give you the color code. You can then go to an automotive paint store and see the color firsthand. If you like, I have a file I created with the color chips on them from '04-'09, but it's not very accurate to true color, I can email if you would like. The '07 and '08 colors do not seem to be accurate in the file, as some colors are missing and other colors are added that were not available however.
[/QUOTE

Thanks Cubby...I will continue your efforts and email additions back to you

zowie. some of those colors are off !!
perhaps we can collect pictures of cars?
a closeup of the hood in bright sunlight?
to display the colors.
the owner can decide what picture best captures the color, bright sunlight , artificial light, etc.
they are the ones who know their colors best and can highlight the colors best look.
everyone submit them to this thread and one person can build a nice pdf or something?

Last edited:
[h=2]
icon1.png
[/h]
Posting color chips accurately on a computer is difficult, as every computer will change the color. These are not actual color chips posted. This was from a website showing the paint code and color sample. Read the first sentence again. Same goes for posting of pictures. Seeing them in person is the only way to see the true color.

to display the colors.
the owner can decide what picture best captures the color, bright sunlight , artificial light, etc.
they are the ones who know their colors best and can highlight the colors best look.
everyone submit them to this thread and one person can build a nice pdf or something?

to display the colors.

Check the XLR Registry to see what colors were available in what years:
Cadillac XLR Registry | Cadillac XLR Net

Check the Gallery for real-life photos of all XLRs and XLR-Vs. I've worked hard the last year to try and add high quality photos of all model years in all colors, but some may still be missing. I add to the gallery as I find more pictures:
Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Photos, Pics and Images - Cadillac XLR Net Photo Gallery - Cadillac XLR | XLR-V Photos | Pics

Hey Cubby: Congrats on the stormproof cover

Just added an 09 black cherry platinum. Have used Vette covers but would like to get the GM cover for XLR. Let me know how you like it and how I can procure the stormproof model. Thnx...DAT

Hard Work

Check the XLR Registry to see what colors were available in what years:
Cadillac XLR Registry | Cadillac XLR Net

Check the Gallery for real-life photos of all XLRs and XLR-Vs. I've worked hard the last year to try and add high quality photos of all model years in all colors, but some may still be missing. I add to the gallery as I find more pictures:
Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Photos, Pics and Images - Cadillac XLR Net Photo Gallery - Cadillac XLR | XLR-V Photos | Pics

Hard work payin off...The black cherry group was great...resulted in a purchase. Thnx...DAT.

to display the colors.

Did someone say a closeup of the hood?

2014_06_26--20_03_023735.jpg

Sorry, I couldn't resist :reddevil

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry