WindRestrictor wind screen
PERFORMANCE/MECHANICALS
Corsa exhaust system
GM rear sway bar
K&N air filters
Drilled and slotted rotors
Semi-metallic brake pads

CAPT AM

Show a pic of the car! Id like to see what the back end looks like. Sounds like you have done a few things that I havent seen.

PROBLEM POSTING PICTURES

JCP

I wanted to post some pictures, but can't figure out how to do it. I either do not understand the brief instructions I got from the site manager or my computer/format is no right. I have some pretty good pictures of both the exterior and the upholstery modifications. I used the 09 scheme (somewhat) on the interior, but reversed the seat color pattern. Also, made the door panels similar but different.

CAPT AM

Whats That

RA:

Even though I work on a computer all day, I am computer illiterate. I don't have a clue what a Photo Bucket is.

CAPT AM

RA:

Even though I work on a computer all day, I am computer illiterate. I don't have a clue what a Photo Bucket is.

CAPT AM

When you go to post, use the "quote". If you use the "quick post", click on "go advanced. Then, in the "additional options" area, click on "manage attachments". A box will pop up for you to browse files and upload attachments to your post. The attachments end up as thumbnails on your post. I find this much easier than using photo bucket.

RA:

CAPT AM

Your picture may be to large in size. Try resizing it. Did you go under the advance tab to up load them?

Here are the pictures for CAPT AM car. He sent them and I thought the car looked so good that I wanted to get them up for other people to see! Anyone else do anything special to their XLR?

Capt am, I have sent you an email from standby7 with instructions on how to upload into Photobucket and then download to the forum............check it out and don't freak out.
I quit trying to attach pictures. I will be glad to e-mail the pics to anyone who would like to see. My e-mail address is:

ron.musing@amrdec.army.mil

CAPT AM

Thank you Capt AM got the pictures. Nice.

Nice?...........great job. did you have the upholstery done for you and what would be a figure for it if I'm not being to nosy.

When my platinum 06-V has a birthday next year I'm doing my inserts a saddle brown or black with perforations for cooling and heating and the side panels in the same material, but will be leather not that cloth suede or is it Velcro as Floyd would say.
Since we aren't going to have a change in our cars anymore we will have to get creative and keep up with the times.
Thank you Capt AM got the pictures. Nice.

I would also like to know the price and if it was done by a local shop or a chain. I gotta get rid of that &%$# velcro!!

I know my dealer sends cars to have leather work done, I just keep forgetting to ask him where! I've seen their work and it looks great.

Floyd (BB)

I didn't think I was going to like the license plate inset paint job but now that I see it it looks great!

Bob, I paid about $800 for the seats on mine and it would have been about $200 more for the door panels. That was from the dealer. It would have been cheaper if I had gone directly to the upholstery shop.

I'm finally agreeing with Floyd that it's velcro even if it isn't but my seat and door side looks like crap. I have found no way to clean this suede without buggering up the look.
I figured I can get it all done for about seven or eight hundres, but which color with a platinum exterior and and the shale interior which is trimmed in black on the dash and doors. Although I would like saddle brown, I think I have to go with black. Watcha all think?
So by by miss American suede, take you suede to the levy and pull it all out. Gee, reminds me of a great song.
I still would put Corvette scoops on my fenders if I could find some fiberglass company to make them and have them molded to the fenders. Now that would cost a buck or two. Just thinking out loud here.
I didn't think I was going to like the license plate inset paint job but now that I see it it looks great!

Bob, I paid about $800 for the seats on mine and it would have been about $200 more for the door panels. That was from the dealer. It would have been cheaper if I had gone directly to the upholstery shop.

INTERIOR UPHOLSTERY COST

For those who asked:

I may have paid a premium price for the door and seat mods on my 04, but I wanted to go to a shop that I knew was good from past work they did for me. And they have the best reputation in town. The cost was $1200.

Just be sure whoever you have do the work is good and has some reliable references. It is probably a modification you are only going to have done one time, and you want it to be right. A couple hundred bucks one way or another spread out over the life of your car is probably not worth worrying about.

CAPT AM

For those who asked:

I may have paid a premium price for the door and seat mods on my 04, but I wanted to go to a shop that I knew was good from past work they did for me. And they have the best reputation in town. The cost was $1200.

Just be sure whoever you have do the work is good and has some reliable references. It is probably a modification you are only going to have done one time, and you want it to be right. A couple hundred bucks one way or another spread out over the life of your car is probably not worth worrying about.

CAPT AM

For the amount of detail on yours $1200 seems reasonable.

Any other differences between V and base seats? I would love the suede centers and if someone is redoing their seats anyhow maybe we could swap seats first. I have a base '05, shale interior. Just a thought...
Bruce

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back