Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Finally Get To Join In The Fun!!

sschooley

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2008 Alpine White XLR
HI. New Here..and yesterday put the hold deposit on an XLR! So pumped I could hardly sleep last night. I have loved the look of these cars since I first saw one in the Christmas Catalog for Bergdorf Goodman long ago. Way out of my league back in that day but dreams can eventually come true.

Now I have to figure out how/when I can get to North Carolina to pick up my 2008 "new to me" Artic White XLR. This is just AWESOME.

Hope I get the chance to join in your fun and break this baby in!!!!

Welcome to XLR Net fun place lots of nice people. Congrats on your new XLR its a beauty I know you will enjoy it.:D

Speedway

HI. New Here..and yesterday put the hold deposit on an XLR! So pumped I could hardly sleep last night. I have loved the look of these cars since I first saw one in the Christmas Catalog for Bergdorf Goodman long ago. Way out of my league back in that day but dreams can eventually come true.

Now I have to figure out how/when I can get to North Carolina to pick up my 2008 "new to me" Artic White XLR. This is just AWESOME.

Hope I get the chance to join in your fun and break this baby in!!!!

Welcome to the forum - and to the world of owning an awesome, unique Cadillac. You are going to love your car! I think many of us have had the same feeling when we first went to pick up our X's. I've never seen an Arctic White one (in person) - Looking forward to you joining us on some of our excursions. This is a great group of people and there is a TON of information available to XLR owners (and just any car people). Take a look at our Spring Trip '11 to Charleston - that would be a great way to break her in. Also - make sure you keep mid July open for our get together in Bowling Green for the Corvette Homecoming show... the more XLR's, the better! :)

Congrats and welcome to the forum!!!! :cool:

Welcome to the forum - and to the world of owning an awesome, unique Cadillac. You are going to love your car! I think many of us have had the same feeling when we first went to pick up our X's. I've never seen an Arctic White one (in person) - Looking forward to you joining us on some of our excursions. This is a great group of people and there is a TON of information available to XLR owners (and just any car people). Take a look at our Spring Trip '11 to Charleston - that would be a great way to break her in. Also - make sure you keep mid July open for our get together in Bowling Green for the Corvette Homecoming show... the more XLR's, the better! :)

I am IN For All, unless over come by other unavoidable events!!

Welcome to the forum and congrats on the purchase. I saw a white one on the road the other day and really liked how nice it looked in white.
Bruce

Could you have meant in the Neiman-Marcus catalogue??? That's how the 2004 XLR was introduced ...... sort of a glow-y beautiful sort of misty-lavender-purpley color???? That was the first time I saw it - oh, man ... I wanted it then and I love mine now .... everyday - still.

I hope your car is the one of your dreams .... we had an Artic White here at our dealership and I thought it was beautiful .... stunning.

Congratulations .... ! :rocker:

Last Artic White to be produced

Remember when we were in Bowling Green in 2008 we got to see the last Artic White that was produced. It was sitting in the factory waiting to be shipped out to a dealer.

Could you have meant in the Neiman-Marcus catalogue??? That's how the 2004 XLR was introduced ...... sort of a glow-y beautiful sort of misty-lavender-purpley color???? That was the first time I saw it - oh, man ... I wanted it then and I love mine now .... everyday - still.

I hope your car is the one of your dreams .... we had an Artic White here at our dealership and I thought it was beautiful .... stunning.

Congratulations .... ! :rocker:

Yes, you are right it, must have been Neiman-Marcus, It was definitely that misty-lavender-purple color. My memory is that it was in a Christmas Catalog intended to help locate a gift for those who already have everything.......

Way beyond what could be put under our tree!

Did you buy the one out of Wilmington, N.C. ?

Actually it is a bit north of Wilmington in a place called "New Bern".

Funny thing is that I test drove this same XLR a few weeks ago because the original owner lives in Orlando. However, he apparently had some foreign roadster deal working and he got offered a trade-in credit higher than his asking price to me. Well...he quickly pulled the trigger on that deal and the XLR was gone in a flash.
Strange how it all worked out because now I get the exact same car as "certified." Must have been meant to be.......

Funny how things "work out"!

A good friend of mine that lives right outside of Wilmington in Carolina Beach told me that he saw a white XLR on the dealer's lot in Wilmington several months ago.

New Bern is an interesting place. If you drive it back home from there, you'll enjoy the trip!

Fate works in funny ways. I spent a year looking for the right car. I wanted one in Crimson Pearl with the shale interior, and with low miles. One day, the car turns up at a Cadillac dealer 20 minutes from my house. It's the exact car I wanted and had only 8,000 miles on it. It was sold new at this dealer and absolutely "babied" by the original owner. Her situation changed and she traded it back into the dealer. It was absolutely perfect without a nick or scratch.

It was meant to be!

I hope you enjoy your new ride as much as I do mine. In fact, she went out for a little "top down" fall foliage viewing today!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom