Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

FM Reception

Kenny Franklin

My XLR/V(s)
2006 Light Platinum XLR
Does anyone else experience poor FM reception, I know the antenna must be hooked up because AM reception is good ?:confused:

Does anyone else experience poor FM reception, I know the antenna must be hooked up because AM reception is good ?:confused:

When you turn on the radio and it has poor reception, try changing to am and then right back to fm. It works for me and I learned it on here. :wave:

Well airmike I thought I noticed some improvement doing that but did not seam to last very long. I guess the trick is to switch to AM and back when you notice it. Thanks for responding to my post.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't understand that either as XM has great reception the volume is alway lower if you switch to FM it extremely louder more bass too, but alway seems to have an interference noise! I originally thought it was poor antenna reception but even the close local station seems to do it! I remember years ago I would buy the FM reception booster that helped draw in the signal but getting to back of our unit to plug it in would be a chore just to get to it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry