Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

FOB issues

koolbreeze

:reddevil2005 seem to be having FOB issues. Able to lock and unlock car but when you go to start it says no FOB detected. Any help or suggestion

Is your FOB near your cell phone when trying to start the car? Maybe interference exists? Once I had that issue, then set the FOB in the cup holder and the
car started. Just taking a shot at it? :dunno:

Mine does that if the fob is in my left pocket buried under my other keys. I take it out of my pocket and starts right up. Gets worse as the battery is not new.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’ve had issues with mine. I can open the doors then try and start the car. It says fob not detected. I just reach into my pocket and move the fob around. Then it starts right up. I’ve also had it open the doors but say fob not detected. But then try and open the door but pushing the door button but it doesn’t open. So I reach down and use the pull lever on the floor

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

When I purchased my 2006 XLR-V one of the key fobs refused to work even when I installed a new battery in it. I finally had to resort to reprogramming it. There is a pocket on the left in the glovebox where you insert the fob with the buttons facing to the right. The owner’s manual has a procedure for programming a fob and it reprogrammed it as fob number three. It works perfectly now.

I’ve never had to purchase a replacement but I know they are readily available on eBay.

When I purchased my 2006 XLR-V one of the key fobs refused to work even when I installed a new battery in it. I finally had to resort to reprogramming it. There is a pocket on the left in the glovebox where you insert the fob with the buttons facing to the right. The owner’s manual has a procedure for programming a fob and it reprogrammed it as fob number three. It works perfectly now.
I'm willing to bet this is a relatively unknown 'feature' in the car. Last summer I was returning to Phoenix from central IL, and pulled into my hotel to check in, all I took with me were my wallet and key fob. The actual key was 1,000 miles away in AZ. Came right back out and the car wouldn't let me in or recognize the fob in any way. Triple-A got me into the car but it still wouldn't recognize the fob, so it wouldn't start, naturally. The Triple-A guy actually went back to his shop and checked on the car and returned to the hotel with an idea. We "broke into" the car again and put the fob in the carpeted pocket in the glove box and it came back to life and has worked well ever since...except for the issues you all have mentioned here, where it regularly says "No Fob Detected." I have a big blister pack of Eveready batteries and always keep a new one in my fobs, too. They're just wonky, I think.

John B.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back