Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Fog Light Bulb Replacement

rexster314

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2006 Base Infrared
I got tired of the mismatched color temperatures of the headlights and fog lights and finally decided to do something about it. I found THESE on Amazon and they were delivered yesterday. Today I got out my tools, popped off the plastic rivets and changed them out. I think the color match is about as close as you can get. I can really tell about it tonight when I can get the XLR on the road to try the out. I didn't think about doing a before/after comparison till after I had buttoned up the close out panels, but I think everyone can tell the difference.

Attachments

• 20160302_123853 (1).jpg
    20160302_123853 (1).jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 462
I got tired of the mismatched color temperatures of the headlights and fog lights and finally decided to do something about it. I found THESE on Amazon and they were delivered yesterday. Today I got out my tools, popped off the plastic rivets and changed them out. I think the color match is about as close as you can get. I can really tell about it tonight when I can get the XLR on the road to try the out. I didn't think about doing a before/after comparison till after I had buttoned up the close out panels, but I think everyone can tell the difference.

Looks good Rex. I like it, but do the fog lights seem a little bright????

I like, do the inner fender liners have to come out to replace ?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I like, do the inner fender liners have to come out to replace ?

I just popped out the three rivet buttons on the outside edge. Turn the corresponding tire inwards and you can get to them without any problems

Ok thanks, I just got back from garage I that's what I was thinking. Thanks for posting looks much bettef

Just got back from driving around for about 20 minutes. Medium traffic and no one popped their bright lights on me. Seems like maybe same amount of light output, maybe slightly more, but so much a cleaner, whiter light. I think I'm happy

You'll be happy as long as you didn't go super cheap. I had did the same as you changing out the bulbs to a 5k white light. Found some on ebay for like 4 bucks. Worked great for like a month until one day my wife tells me one fog light was out. I religiously switch my fog lights on which turns off the day time running light to eliminate any crazin problems that could occur. Anyways I ended up getting a Phillips bulb same values cost 15 but they've last three yrs now and I love how they match identical. Not like stock. :thumbsup

You'll be happy as long as you didn't go super cheap. I had did the same as you changing out the bulbs to a 5k white light. Found some on ebay for like 4 bucks. Worked great for like a month until one day my wife tells me one fog light was out. I religiously switch my fog lights on which turns off the day time running light to eliminate any crazin problems that could occur. Anyways I ended up getting a Phillips bulb same values cost 15 but they've last three yrs now and I love how they match identical. Not like stock. :thumbsup

1 year warranty and purchased from Amazon.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom