Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help! Front bumper license plate holes

05 GRAND DADDY

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2005 Light Platinium Silver XLR
I remember a post about removal of a front bumper license plate holder and putting a plug of some type in the holes. Anyone one no where I can buy these plugs? I guess I should check behind the holder first to make sure it didn't already scratch that area from rubbing against the bumper. A few ago I had the front bumper painted because of stone chips I now wish I'd a had them fill in them holes and taken off the that license plate holder then. The car was from Maryland and their law is to have a front plate, but PA doesn't require one!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I got some at Home Depot. The black matched my black paint perfectly. You will have to paint them of course.

I got some at Home Depot. The black matched my black paint perfectly. You will have to paint them of course.

I have a little bottle of touch up I bought online for stone chips on the front bumper

I have a little bottle of touch up I bought online for stone chips on the front bumper

I opted for the clean fix. The body shop down the street removed the holder, filled the holes and painted the bumper for $562. Perfect job and looks showroom new.

I opted for the clean fix. The body shop down the street removed the holder, filled the holes and painted the bumper for $562. Perfect job and looks showroom new.

I had the bumper painted a couple of years ago I wish I would of had them do that then too.

I bought my XLR in Houston Texas where front plates are not required. The car is now in New York where they are required so I bought the front license plate mount on line, but was never willing to drill front bumper to mount it. It's been almost 3 years yet and thankfully still no ticket. I do keep the mount in the trunk with the idea if I do get pulled over I can try to convince the officer that I just got mount but haven't gotten to installing it yet......Well that's the plan anyway

We had at least one member use the hidden plate trick.
Welcome to Hide The Plate!
We have to have front plates on Ohio as well. I'm looking at one of these. Also on Amazon.
Show N Go Electric Powered License Plate Frame - Shows & Hides Automatically with Remote Key Fobs Amazon.com: Show N Go Electric Powered License Plate Frame - Shows & Hides Automatically with Remote Key Fobs: Automotive
6ed1f4c06d34a3db97a9a581f9cc5aae.jpg

Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry