Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Front Shocks replaced, still creeking

Steve O'

Front shocks were making all kinds of noise over speed bumps. Replaced the front shocks and it’s a lot better but it feels like it’s still creeking over speed bumps. What else could it be?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
creaking noises

spring ride height adjusters. The rubber goes bad and they move around a bit

I get creaking noises in the front end,(suspension?) when driving slowly and turning and maneuvering in parking lots. Is this attributed to the Spring Height Adjusters?? If so tell me what to look for to see them. Where are they located, and what do they look like?

Spring Height Rubbers

spring ride height adjusters. The rubber goes bad and they move around a bit

l
I assume to replace them one would have to remove the coil spring, or compress it enough to get the new one in place? Are these available for purchase? Part number??

59111e2191d98daaaae91d25ad6165c9.png

This?

correct

yes. look at them and see how they look. If the metal is making contact with the spring that will do it. It is a bit of work to install them. you have to lift the car and drop the upper control arm or remove the lower ball joint nit to let the side droop enough to unscrew them. I think there is a post on here or the corvette forum about the way to do it. I seem to be able to find more information by searching on google with the question and then put forum after it. I do not have results when I use the advanced search feature here for some reason

installing spring adjusters

yes. look at them and see how they look. If the metal is making contact with the spring that will do it. It is a bit of work to install them. you have to lift the car and drop the upper control arm or remove the lower ball joint nit to let the side droop enough to unscrew them. I think there is a post on here or the corvette forum about the way to do it. I seem to be able to find more information by searching on google with the question and then put forum after it. I do not have results when I use the advanced search feature here for some reason

Mickeytee, would you be so kind as to tell me the exact phrase to google. you know how google is, if you don't word something just right, you don't get what you are looking for.

Would this cause the service ride control light to come on if they are worn?

I got new shocks up front, still making some noise but less than it was and now my service ride control light is on which wasn’t in the first place.

Would this cause the service ride control light to come on if they are worn?

I got new shocks up front, still making some noise but less than it was and now my service ride control light is on which wasn’t in the first place.

Did you replace with factory XLR shocks? Quite possible one of the plug wires have become unplugged. Or one of the height sensors is on the fritz. It will look like this

Would the computer show the height sensor is throwing the code? I bought AC Delco shocks from Amazon. I believe they are the OEM manufacturer.

We had to take it back and they cleared it out but it came back on two days later.

Would the computer show the height sensor is throwing the code? I bought AC Delco shocks from Amazon. I believe they are the OEM manufacturer.

We had to take it back and they cleared it out but it came back on two days later.

A TECH II can check if ride height sensors are operational or not

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry