Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Front turn signal bulb question

shoalsgary

My XLR/V(s)
05 black
The yellow dual filament lamp behind the lens that crumbles with age should have two functions because it has two filaments. The bright filament is a turn signal, but I can't figure out what the other filament is for. DRL's? The only time that bulb lights on my 05 is for turn signals. Anyone know? I need to know now because I'm refurbishing my headlamps.

Yes, the bulb you mention is both a DRL, always on unless headlights are on, and turn signal. Lots of information on here. Do a search on DRL's

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I searched but can’t find how the drl’s Are wired. Mine have no voltage to the DRL filament.

Last edited:
Here is a paragraph from a post on converting the DRLs to LED bulbs.

I HIGHLY recommend reviewing the wiring diagram for the DRLs just to be sure what your wiring should be. For my 2004, the Driver side DRL was the Dark-Blue/white wire and the ground wire that the resistor is tied to. The pass. Side is Lt. blue/white wire and the ground wire. The web site states that the resistor should not be directly mounted on plastic because of heat dissipation. Well, about 90% of our cars are composite/plastic, so I decided to mount these on standoff nuts like those used on PC boards - Radio Shack

Here is the entire post
https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/cadi...ed-turn-signals-drls-post68494.html#post68494
Tim

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry