Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Gas line’s leaking at tanks and engine oil cooling lines leaking where it enters radiator.

XLRJimJ

My XLR/V(s)
2008 Light Platinum XLR-V
Looking for some help. I saw a similar issue but I can’t find the thread to it. I have a 2008 XLRV with leaking fuel lines on the tank equalization lines. Can you get replacement lines? I can’t find any part numbers. I assume the tanks will need to be pulled to do this. No liquid gas leaking, but the garage smells badly of gas.
And on top of this, the engine oil lines to the radiator are leaking at the radiator. Can you buy replacement lines?
The car sat for the winter, now issues. Thanks all.

The front oil lines shoukd have o rings that can be replaced. The gas tanks are usually leaking on the top pladtic elbow where the gas line connects. Anything you do pretty much requires pulling the tanks and there are no new lines available. Either used or repair yours. If you know its the crossover which is very hard to tell, you do have orings on the connection

The front oil lines shoukd have o rings that can be replaced. The gas tanks are usually leaking on the top pladtic elbow where the gas line connects. Anything you do pretty much requires pulling the tanks and there are no new lines available. Either used or repair yours. If you know its the crossover which is very hard to tell, you do have orings on the connection
Thanks Mickytee. The front engine oik cooler line leak appears to be from the line itself, not the connection to the radiator. Are replacement lines available? I cant find any and dealers are useless. Not too sure what I would replace them with. Are there any specs for theses? Thanks Again mickeytee. You are a great resource. Thanks for keeping our cars running..

Ok the rubber can do that where its crimped on the fitting.ill check . i know there are new and actermarket power steering but not sure bout the v oil cooler lines

Hey

Check this video out. Fast forward to about 2: 53 and you will learn about specifics to your gas smell.

\

Bill

Thanks you Bill. I appreciate you sending me this video. Good information. Owning a V is not easy sometimes, but I love the car.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom