Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

GM engineers

Look at Mickeytee's picture. Above the frame is mostly fiberglass, I didn't have to cut into the frame and I never said you could pull the tanks out. I was working on an EGR line to the canister and I only thought pulling the tanks was possible, but was not sure. And redvett94 dinging me for my comments is cowardly without giving any reason; I will return the favor.

The C6 body is not exactly the same as the XLR, though you may be able to remove the tanks without removing the drive train. That would be great.

Fuel tanks

redvett94

Yes it is a good one, on the other next videos there is one that the owner of a black c6 is doing it also the same, however he shows step by step the removal in how to do it.

The repair manuals recommends to remove the rear end to do it, if you have the hoist and the tools, this way it could be quicker.

Those videos shows it is possible to do it, without a hoist and removing the rear end.

Good videos.
Thanks.

IAN :thumbsup

Last edited:
Fuel tanks

Z1.

If I recall I was mentionng ''fuel tanks '', on how you did it for the EGR hose and it would be great to make a thread for the members.

You mentionned to a member it could be possible to reach the fuel pump with an opening in the rear trunk tub made of fiberglass, I found it could be interesting to tell us how you did in replacing an EGR hose, from the tank #2, in order perhaps for been able to do it for a the fuel pump,

It is obviously impossible to remove the tank from a such small opening, as underneed of the fiberglass tub, are metal components.from the metal body of the car interior..

Correct the c6 is an improved frame, from the c5, and both are of the same design.

Correct it is possible to remove the tank without removing the rear end, I have seen somes video were c6 owners did it.

Thanks to bring up your concern.

IAN:thumbsup

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry