Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

GM should (still) kill the Corvette

Rob

Seasoned Member
Staff member
Site Administrator
My XLR/V(s)
Not yet!
So what do you think? Feel free to post your responses to his blog.
chuckle.gif

---------------------------------------------
Blog: GM should (still) kill the Corvette

Morry Marshall
Automotive DesignLine
(07/14/2009 9:26 AM EDT)

I still think GM should kill the Corvette.

My original blog, GM should kill the Corvette, was about automotive technology. The blog has generated a heavy reader response, much of defending the Corvette and its pushrod technology.

I still think the Corvette uses highly-developed but archaic technology. However, the reasons that GM should kill the Corvette have to do with marketing, not with technology.

One of the things contributing to GM's troubles is that its divisions, which had been separate car companies, have lost their brand identity. The GM car you owned, Chevrolet, Pontiac, Oldsmobile, Buick or Cadillac, once made a statement about you that everyone from eight to 80, male or female, understood. You wore that identity like a suit of clothes. That's gone.

Full Blog: GM should (still) kill the Corvette | Automotive DesignLine

Totally disagree with this blog. I hope they never kill the Corvette and I hope they bring back the XLR. I believe those cars do make a statement about you. :squint:

What will be the next kill....apple pie.....the girl next door....its UN-American. :cool:

I disagree with the blog! The Corvette is a legend for GM for the past 56 years. If they were to lower the price of the car it would no longer be as popular because all you would see were Corvettes. I dont see this happening now or in the future. It would be unamerican. The country would be in distress.:wave:

Fred:patriot:

I disagree with the blog! The Corvette is a legend for GM for the past 56 years. If they were to lower the price of the car it would no longer be as popular because all you would see were Corvettes. I dont see this happening now or in the future. It would be unamerican. The country would be in distress.:wave:

Fred:patriot:

All we see is Corvettes anyway - they are a wonderful car - but not unique. GM killed that when they kissed off the XLR. A few treaks each year to keep it's technology current and it would have continued to be the Cadillac icon. The name Cadillac is worldwide reknown for automobile luxury.

He's (the "blogger") just an a&& who is looking for attention. The Chevy pushrod engine is a great engine - why screw with success?!? (BTW, it has been changed and modernized over the years) And the Corvette?!? Come on - it's a GREAT car! The sales numbers prove it! Who doesn't love seeing them on the road? They're beautiful!!!!!! MUCH nicer looking than ANY import out there (in spite of what the car magazines say)!

He's (the "blogger") just an a&& who is looking for attention. The Chevy pushrod engine is a great engine - why screw with success?!? (BTW, it has been changed and modernized over the years) And the Corvette?!? Come on - it's a GREAT car! The sales numbers prove it! Who doesn't love seeing them on the road? They're beautiful!!!!!! MUCH nicer looking than ANY import out there (in spite of what the car magazines say)!

Who am I to argue--I see it exactly the same!!! I suppose bloggers have to make a buck too. . .

Floyd (BB)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back