Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

GM/X vs GM/S FOB

Slugward

My XLR/V(s)
2004 XLR
I have an 04 XLR and I bought a FOB online. The numbers are the same on my old FOB and the new one, 10347463, FCC ID: M3N65981401, IC: 267F-65981401 and the #1. The only difference is my old FOB is a GM/S and my new one is a GM/X. Anyway, I can't get the GM/X FOB (the new one) to program using the instructions in my owner's manual. The DIC reads something like, "ready for FOB #3, but when I put the GM/X FOB in the slot in the glove box, nothing happens. After about 5 mins, the DIC display jsut goes blank. Of course, the new FOB still doesn't work. I did use new batteries and tested them in my old FOB accordingly.

Do I need to send the GM/X FOB back to the vendor and specifically request a GM/S??

Maybe. I also have an 04 and bought an extra fob online when I got the car. I was also unable to program it myself. I then brought the new fob to the dealer and asked them to program it. They couldn't do it - they wound up replacing the keyless entry "brains" and giving me 2 new fobs.

Maybe the "X" and "S" have something to do with the original brains versus the replacement brains for an 04. I'll look at mine and report later.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom