Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

gps/radio navigation screen repair

toplessinflorida

Hey everyone, Just want to give xlr owners a heads up on a company out of van nays California that can repair your navigation screen, radio and cd player at a reasonable price. Company is "hi tech electronic services" and they did a great job replacing my denso screen. If your screen is cracked or the lcd needs replacing, I recommend them over buying a different unit. Great turnaround times gets you up and running fast. Check out there website that also offers a video of how to remove the unit as well as how to package and ship it. Hope this helps.

Thank you, this is great information. I'm doing my best to keep my car "original" as possible.

I had a problem with the maps (gps) and the 6 disk not working looked around and found a used radio (ebay) and a brand new unit for an SRX $180 with a new 6 disk player the radio was useless but now have a brand new 6 disk and is origional and working saved $200 over hitech cost.

Does your steering wheel volume and seek controls still work, when I installed an SRX 6 disk changer on my 2007 V they were reversed. It might have been because it was out of a different year SRX. I switched the mother boards from the cd changers and then they worked as they should.

Does your steering wheel volume and seek controls still work, when I installed an SRX 6 disk changer on my 2007 V they were reversed. It might have been because it was out of a different year SRX. I switched the mother boards from the cd changers and then they worked as they should.
Humm "I did not know that" (Johnny Carson) I will give that a test today I have plenty of mother boards now if nessary. Was so excited just to have it working I stopped there. My next install will be the BT-45 vette for the phone anyone have imput on that install?

Same for me, I didn't try the steering wheel controls until the next day, but it all worked out. Good luck

Same for me, I didn't try the steering wheel controls until the next day, but it all worked out. Good luck
Well just checked the wheel and everything is as it should be, I will not have to take out the player again until it quits if it will ever. The mechanics of that machine is extremly involved, tore down one to atttempt to figure out how it worked finally gave up I am interested in what makes them fail. At best could deturmine it is the boards mounted on the side of the deck as the main board did not make any difference, tested the motors and all ran fine. I did try a swap on the dvd drive out of the srx (because it was factory new) and it was a no go for the gps even the boards looked the same they were not. I will hold on the the radio section just in case. I have never had the desire to hook up to xfm but went with the 3 month trial and feel it is just okay but I definitely know it is not worth the $20+ monthly. The BT45 will come in next week and will use spotfy off the phone instead, at 1/2 the price and you can pick your own libary. This old bitch is getting ready to become the queen it was built to be!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom