Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Important! "Group Buy" for Corsa Exhaust?

HOMEGAMEROOM

My XLR/V(s)
2004 Light Platinum, President, "Midwest Marauders"
I was talking to Cadillac Tech the other day about Corsa exhausts. He mentioned other members were interested as well, and suggested that we do what the Corvette forum folks do, which is to get everyone together and make a "group buy" of an item. We all should get a much better deal than purchasing individually. Any takers? I'd be happy to get the "shopping" done. I will get a price as soon as I get an idea as to how many we would need.

*THIS WOULD APPLY WHETHER YOU HAVE A BASE OR V MODEL!!*

I have corsa's on our XLR and they look great and sound awsome.:willy_nilly:

Speedway;)

I'm curious... I'd like one for my V...

What is the estimated price for the group buy?

(what I really want is a Billy Boat dual-mode Fusion system, but I'd have to custom modify a corvette version for the XLR-V)

do the corsa's for the XLR/XLR-V come in either a sport or touring variety? or just one?

$1100 for a system would be a great price

so we need to find one more buyer?

The base and V's are different systems, Rich. I think the hangers are different at the rear end support.,,,, At least that was the way it was for my '07 V. But,,, they still can throw systems together for both. Good Luck!!! I wish we'd (you) would have thought of this a few years ago, before I bought my system!

The base and V's are different systems, Rich. I think the hangers are different at the rear end support.,,,, At least that was the way it was for my '07 V. But,,, they still can throw systems together for both. Good Luck!!! I wish we'd (you) would have thought of this a few years ago, before I bought my system!

I know the XLR And XLR-V systems are different...

I also know that Corsa has two lines typically for cars - Touring and Sport... they sound different...

I was just curious if there were different choices, but I guess not.

Corsa's web page shows three different types of exhaust. Extreme, sport, and touring. Which area applies to the XLR? I want one badly, but I would probably end up in the dog house for a long time if I got one in this economy.

What does the Corsa Exhaust sound like on the XLR? I want something with growl!!

Corsa doesn't have an Extreme or sport option with the XLR system. Here's how I did my system, (many people will remember the "old fourm"):

http://www.xlrforum.com/showthread.php?t=4284&highlight=Corsa+on+a+V

As I said in this link, I had to buy two sets, one, the XLR whole system, and then second, an Vette H-pipe. Hopefully, if you get an group buy, Corsa will put together a V system and you won't have to do what I had to do!

Acually,,, I kind 'of had the extreme and sport options the way I did it. See the small tunnel mufflers with the "X" system in the pictures on my link? I used the Vette system H-pipe with the short pipes instead of the tunnel mufflers. And about a year ago, I changed out that short pipes and replaced them with the tunnel mufflers, sort'of toned it down a bit!

It's a great system and I love them on the car.

Thanks for the link. I appreciated the video clips, and sounds, of the before and after.

I know nothing of exhaust systems and was wondering what part(s) produce that growl sound. Is is the mufflers, tips, H pipe, combination of them all? I really really want to pull up next to one of those Japanese tuner cars with my exhaust presenting that throaty growl over their vespa sounding exhaust.

Rich, I was talking to Cadillac Tech last night and he was telling me about your possible group buy. I was just telling Josh on Sunday that I wanted the Corsa exhaust come Spring. So count me in for a set. Sounds like maybe a road trip to come see you. Thanks buddy.

I contacted gmpartsdirect and asked them about the Corsa exhaust as they have them for the Corvettes. They advised me that they do have them for the XLR. Anyway, the part number is 14156 and the cost is $1488.23. :blinzel:

If you are going to hit up the folks at Corsa make sure their deal is significantly better!!

Hi Guys,
At the MAM show there are about a dozen lifts set up and they put them on right there at the show. If you are thinking about heading this way next September, there may be an opportunity to get a deal and have them installed at one time. I am still laughing about Kevin and my golf cart ride....

Bob

That's a pretty good price! I'm still shopping.....and hoping to hit a lower price point.
I have seen this done with Corvette buyers and what they do is go on line and get a list of dealers call those dealors direct talk to the store manager/owner and tell him you have a group buy what will he give you for a deal. I have been told they have got them for as low as $800 per car. Its worth a try because of the economy their are some very good deals out there.;)

Fred:wave::wave::wave::wave:

I would be in at that price point ($800 ish).

I have seen this done with Corvette buyers and what they do is go on line and get a list of dealers call those dealors direct talk to the store manager/owner and tell him you have a group buy what will he give you for a deal. I have been told they have got them for as low as $800 per car. Its worth a try because of the economy their are some very good deals out there.;)

Fred:wave::wave::wave::wave:

OMG $800 would be awesome!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry