Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Headlamp Washer Hoses

BlackCatXLR

My XLR/V(s)
2005 Black raven / Shale
Ok, I'm jumping ahead here on my rebuild post but I was test fitting some of the front end parts last week and I'm trying to figure out how these hoses for the headlamp washers are supposed to be routed.
All that was left of the original hose is sticking out of the front and it looks like it has a fitting on end that would plug into one of the nozzles maybe on bumper but I think it's too short to do that. There was nothing more than that as bumper was missing.
The new hose set if I put it like I think it should go has a tee in that same spot connecting all the hoses but the original just had that singular fitting there.

Also they seem extremely long. Something just doesn't seem right. ???

hoses.jpg

Kevin

Has anyone had the bumper off that can give me an idea of how these are routed? Only thing I can figure since they are so long is they run along the bottom maybe and ends loop around fog lamps? There are 2 push clips on each side like they get attached somewhere.
Haven't played with it since because I'm painting bumper soon.

Kevin

Can't help you as far as routing and I just recently traded my V in, so I can't look for you; however you might want to contact 'Mtrocket' on this site. He rebuilt the front of his. He is not on here that often, but there may be an email you can reach him at.

Has anyone had the bumper off that can give me an idea of how these are routed? Only thing I can figure since they are so long is they run along the bottom maybe and ends loop around fog lamps? There are 2 push clips on each side like they get attached somewhere.
Haven't played with it since because I'm painting bumper soon.

Kevin

you got it

I think the hoses run down under the fog lights. There is no tee. the quick connect you show coming out of the core support connects to the middle piece as you have it layed out . then the elbows on each side quick snap into the actual spray nozzle that is held in place with a u shaped clip. saab part number is cheaper. the hoses should show where the alligator retaining clips snasp into the bumper or maybe into the front cross memeber. I forget. I believe it all meanders around under the fog lights

From Chilton's See attachment

Attachments

• 2006 Cadillac XLR - Chassis Electrical _ Wipers & Washers _ Removal, Installation, and Replaceme.pdf
    162.9 KB · Views: 180
Thanks

Thanks, all of you. That makes sense looking at diagram now and kind of how I thought it had to go but nice to confirm it. Still seems like hoses are way long but I guess they tuck in there and loop around. I'll play with it more once I paint bumper and actually have to install it.
There must be some difference in hose set though from what was on car just by what's left of it and fittings on it but new one will still plug into existing hose under hood with no problem.

Thanks again,
Kevin

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry