Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

headlight movement ?

lextoy

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2007 Liquid Amethyst
hi all, i am noticing my drivers side headlight moves when i turn. it moves far left for left hand turns, and a little bit right on right hand turns. then it settles back to straight position when going straight.
my passenger side light doesnt move ? i suspect it is supposed to perform as the drivers side does.
can anyone confirm?
also the passenger side seems to be aimed a bit towards the centerline of the car, not straight out like the drivers side, arent they both supposed to be pointing straight out when going straight?
last problem is the passenger side is aimed low, i need to adjust it up... what is the height we should use to aim the lights? manual says measure the low beam height at the "dot"
what dot, where is it, center of the light? side of it? can anyone describe its location? or tell me what height they used?

hi all, i am noticing my drivers side headlight moves when i turn. it moves far left for left hand turns, and a little bit right on right hand turns. then it settles back to straight position when going straight.
my passenger side light doesnt move ? i suspect it is supposed to perform as the drivers side does.
can anyone confirm?
also the passenger side seems to be aimed a bit towards the centerline of the car, not straight out like the drivers side, arent they both supposed to be pointing straight out when going straight?
last problem is the passenger side is aimed low, i need to adjust it up... what is the height we should use to aim the lights? manual says measure the low beam height at the "dot"
what dot, where is it, center of the light? side of it? can anyone describe its location? or tell me what height they used?
Yes they both move. They move more to the outside then they do to the inside.

I can send you a .pdf with the details of the headlight alignment from the service manual if you PM me your email address. Basically set up a wall or screen 25 ft away. put spots on the wall directly in front of the lights by measuring up from the ground and over from the centerline. mark the center by sighting thru the car from the rear. in low beam the high intensity of the projected beam should be just to the right and below vertical and horizontal lines from the dots.

i will have to play with the passenger side light to see if i can get it moving again? anyone know of tricks to get it to move without having to drive and turn the wheel? can the horizontal be adjusted manually to get the non working light to beam more straight ahead. its closer to the drivers side light at the moment.

i will have to play with the passenger side light to see if i can get it moving again? anyone know of tricks to get it to move without having to drive and turn the wheel? can the horizontal be adjusted manually to get the non working light to beam more straight ahead. its closer to the drivers side light at the moment.

The headlights are aimed using a 8mm hex head through the access hole in under hood just inside of where the headlight sits. There is a "funnel" looking access point inside the access hole where you put the 8mm hex head.

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom