Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Headlight Nozzles

ECurtis

Seasoned Member
My XLR/V(s)
2004, Xenon Blue XLR
Do the nozzles in front of the headlights really work? If so, how are they activiated? My theory is that they are just for show because the vehicle does not have wipers for the lamps. :dunno:

Do the nozzles in front of the headlights really work? If so, how are they activiated? My theory is that they are just for show because the vehicle does not have wipers for the lamps. :dunno:

They are activated when you turn on the Windshield Washers, yes, they do work.

They actually are better at washing the hood the headlamps.
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

They actually are better at washing the hood the headlamps.
:cool:

Sent from my SGH-T989 using Tapatalk 2

Hah! Thats funny... so true! :D

Hah! Thats funny... so true! :D

:laugh:

That's about all I've ever found them useful for on any car I've driven. Mostly they're just a nuisance. Wish they were set up so I decided when they came on, instead of the car deciding it for me on the 4th time I've used my windshield washer.

Have any of you ever actually needed these?

:laugh:

Have any of you ever actually needed these?

No, I have never actually needed them. I do not believe that I have utilized the wipers much either. I never noticed them coming on. However, if they just spray cleaning solution onto the lights how does that really clean them? If I just sprayed cleaning solution onto the windshield and then drove around I do not see how that would clean the windshield. From the reponses it seems like they are not really useful. :dunno:

I think they're there only to aggravate you when you hit one too hard while polishing the car and it pops off!! :mad::(

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom