Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help!!! Must choose!!!

These 2 cars are such different animals, how can you even compare them? Like Floyd brought up ... oranges and apples .... speed, comfort, sportscar-style convertible and exclusivness = XLR ....... speed & power = Viper, or Shelby, or Corvette or a dozen other like vehicles.
That's why we're all on this forum ..... we chose our XLR's over the others ... :blinzel:

Ditto... you hit the nail right on the head!!!

THE XLR AND XLR V ARE NOT TRACK CAR AND THE VIPER = A DUMP TRUCK TO AN XLR V.

The XLR spent quite a bit of time testing on the Nuerburgring and it shares many components with the Corvette, so it's really more of a track capable car than you may think.

But you are right - you cannot compare them since they are two, different automobiles built with different buyers in mind.

But the Viper is far from a dump truck in comparison.

Both are great American cars that are fun to drive and own. You really can't lose with either one.

I just re-read your first post .... you asked for "advice" ..... be careful what you ask for... :lol:

Here's mine ..... I would say that if you still have the opportunity, and if you even think you will ever regret the trade - you should make the trade. You have already had the pleasure of the XLR - life is short ..... you should taste all of the fruit! It's not like anything is forever .... if you get tired of the Viper - get something else. Who knows, you might get another Cadillac .... :blinzel:

I just re-read your first post .... you asked for "advice" ..... be careful what you ask for... :lol:

Here's mine ..... I would say that if you still have the opportunity, and if you even think you will ever regret the trade - you should make the trade. You have already had the pleasure of the XLR - life is short ..... you should taste all of the fruit! It's not like anything is forever .... if you get tired of the Viper - get something else. Who knows, you might get another Cadillac .... :blinzel:
She is so damn smart...I agree. I will never own all the cars I want at once, so I'm owning them one at a time. Sure I miss some cars I've sold, but I wouldn't have everything I have had if I hadn't sold some of them over the years. I miss my '56 Nomad a lot, and I've never been able to successfully quit owning Harleys. I'll go back to a Nomad when I get too old for my Corvette. Let us know what you decide.
Bruce

Life is short yes. Hopefully...Only being 27...I hope I still have some good years ahead of me yet. lol.

So....as much as I do want the Viper.... I think I will keep my XLR! I have some big plans for it and will be sharing soon on this site and others.

What it came down to was the class. The Viper is a great car and I might get one later on but I want my "Fancy Schmancy" car for now.

I also read a rumour that they might stop making the XLR in the near future which means they should hold a better value....here’s hoping.

Thank you everyone for your input!
Much appreciated! Time to go wax the car!

(Im in Onatrio so with all this snow the car wont see a road till maybe march
icon9.gif
)

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry