Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Help with an XLR-V purchase

Pulled the trigger on a 2006 XLR-V. 36k miles. Black on black. Florida car since new. Near mint condition. Underbody is clean. Owner says no leaks or oil burn. Top operates perfect. No signs of water damage in trunk area. Brakes squeak a bit? I did not get an independent inspection or aftermarket warranty on the vehicle so in time you will know if I win or lose on the purchase. Drove it up the coast over the weekend from FLL nearly 1000 miles and I enjoyed every moment of it. Threw it in the garage for a couple weeks until the weather takes a warm turn. Thanks again for all your help. This thing is sweet !

Last edited:
Pulled the trigger on a 2006 XLR-V. 36k miles. Black on black. Florida car since new. Near mint condition and the underbody is clean. Over says no leaks or oil burn. Top operates perfect. No signs of water damage in trunk area. I did not get an independent inspection or aftermarket warranty on the vehicle so in time you will know if I won or lost. Drove it up the coast over the weekend from FLL nearly 1000 miles and I enjoyed every moment of it. So far no issues. Threw it in the garage for a couple weeks until the weather takes a turn for the better. Thanks again for all your help. This thing is sweet !

Congrats on your purchase!! Hope you have as much fun with your XLR as we on this forum have with ours. BTW... if you are looking for a long distance trip, check out the Montana Rocket Run coming up in August: https://www.xlr-net.com/forums/events/6668-montana-rocket-run-2014-a.html

Pulled the trigger on a 2006 XLR-V. 36k miles. Black on black. Florida car since new. Near mint condition. Underbody is clean. Owner says no leaks or oil burn. Top operates perfect. No signs of water damage in trunk area. Brakes squeak a bit? I did not get an independent inspection or aftermarket warranty on the vehicle so in time you will know if I win or lose on the purchase. Drove it up the coast over the weekend from FLL nearly 1000 miles and I enjoyed every moment of it. Threw it in the garage for a couple weeks until the weather takes a warm turn. Thanks again for all your help. This thing is sweet !

Yes Congrats! So glad to hear you got what you wanted! And of course we all know that you will love your new to you Awesome Ride!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Dan & Wendy
"05 GRAND DADDY"

welcome to our XLR world, sounds like you got the car you were searching for,was it in your price range? keep us posted about it.turning the rotors and replacing the pads will take care of squeaks some of us have had this,no biggie. good luck,hope we get to drive them before june, another 2-4 going on now later, Al

Congratulations, glad to hear you're already enjoying it! You kind of have our twin, we have a black on black V from Fl (& live in Va too).

Brakes on these do tend to squeal, nothing to really worry about like Al said. Sometimes it can take a lot to get rid of it if it really bothers you - we have a base that had an awful squeal, replaced rotors & pads (more for performance than the noise issue), & it still has a little one.

Enjoy - and watch for those blue lights behind you! Temptation is hard to avoid in these babies & those mph jump up quicker than you might expect!

Congrats and welcome to the best xlr site around. Hope to see you around someday soon

Another congrats. I have an 06 V with 41k. I purchased it last summer. I am the third owner. The car has been flawless, no leaks or squeaks. The only drawback of the car is the lack of storage with the top retracted. I can carry more stuff on my motorcycle.

Another congrats. I have an 06 V with 41k. I purchased it last summer. I am the third owner. The car has been flawless, no leaks or squeaks. The only drawback of the car is the lack of storage with the top retracted. I can carry more stuff on my motorcycle.

Enjoy! Maybe you can use your motorcycle as a "sidecar" to the XLR for storage! :chuckle

Need to Spend More $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

You will not find a good XLR-V for the amount of money you want to spend. Most in that range will have 50 to 70 thousand miles. Also, black is a very common color. Just about every 3rd XLR-V is black. Way too common. Consider a 2007 Xenon blue, or a 2008 white, if you can find one!!! They are very rare and command top dollar, even with high miles. Also, any 2009 XLR-V is super-cool!!!!!!!! But they cost a few bucks!! Good luck!!!

Pat Rogers

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back