Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

help with convertible top motor...

normieo

Good day everyone. i have a 2005 that i have had the solenoid and motor replaced for the retractable top. A reputable dealership is doing the work and so far they have not had luck, with 2 motors to boot. I called the place that i got the motors from and he said that they worked on the car he took them from. The top was working until i got a leak in one of the 6 actuators, then another leak, got those fixed, with new parts. The dealership says they can make the trunk open but the top will not retract. Any insight would be appreciated. thanks

Hopefully the dealership was smart enough to re-index the windows; that is the first step the top control module looks at to see what position the windows are in before starting the process. If they haven't been re-indexed the top will not go up or down. Also see if they have done a top relearn with a Tech II.

Good day everyone. i have a 2005 that i have had the solenoid and motor replaced for the retractable top. A reputable dealership is doing the work and so far they have not had luck, with 2 motors to boot. I called the place that i got the motors from and he said that they worked on the car he took them from. The top was working until i got a leak in one of the 6 actuators, then another leak, got those fixed, with new parts. The dealership says they can make the trunk open but the top will not retract. Any insight would be appreciated. thanks

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom