Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hood adjust side to side?

nvme

My XLR/V(s)
Finally got tired of my hood being out of adjustment. Got the front to back done (very simple) and the up and down done (hard to figure out, it was the hinges needed to adjust) but now the side to side. That appears to be a problem as I am not able to see any way to adjust it? I plan on doing the following unless someone has a better idea? I figure on using a couple of flat washers (or more) and hack saw two slits in it about 5/16" apart and using them as spacers. My drivers side of the hood is about 1/16" from the fender and the passenger is about 1/4" from the fender. By loosing the drivers side bolts on the hinge one at a time and putting these backyard home spacers between the hinge and the fender that might push the hood a little to the right. Hopefully it won't take more than a couple. If anyone has this problem and wants to know the results answer this thread and I will post it. Nick

side to side is easy. Just loosen the rear hinge bolt on the hood on one side and the leading bolt on the other side. just a little is all that is needed. you can just push the hood over a little a this point. if the hood does not slip on the hinge ,Tightnen the two bolts and loosen the other two. it will slip over .be careful a little goes a long way. you may have the hood overlapping the fender if not careful. DO NOT loosen both on one side as you will loose your front alignment. also check to see that your hood striker is not holding the hood over. I put a piece of tape across the v opening and touch of grease on the hood striker . ease it down to see that the striker is in the center of the latch bolted on the core support. Just remember the whole hood will move over so if the front is aligned even and the back wide you may have to loosen the fenders bolts and adjust the fenders

no spacers or washers are needed .There is plenty of adjustment built in.

Hood-side to side space

Took your advice and just finished adjusting my hood. It was a little tricky art first, going from side to side, loosing opposite set of bolts,sometimes not enough and sometimes too much, etc. Anyway about 1 hour and a half, now I can do it in 30 minutes, ha ha, I spent at least a 1 1/2 hours in the shop manual trying to find it. Not there, tells how to remove and replace it and the hinge but nothing about adjust it. Thanks Long Tall Sally; you probably saved me a lot of time in the trail and error routine not counting the screw ups I might of caused

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back
Top Bottom