Welcome to the Cadillac XLR Forums!

Hoping to be new member.

corv75

I plan on purchasing one of these beauties soon. I am curious if there are any certified Cadillac XLR techs in the midwest. Sioux falls, omaha area?

I plan on purchasing one of these beauties soon. I am curious if there are any certified Cadillac XLR techs in the midwest. Sioux falls, omaha area?

I take my "X" to Huber Cadillac in Omaha, on Dodge St. I can't complain about them, seems they get it fixed, but I haven't had to many problems with my car. You know.... I've never asked them if they're certified XLR tech's, (?).

more advice please.

Thanks guys. Been busy boating so just getting back to search. Are the 06 and up the way to go concerning reliability/

Offer accepted!!!!

Ok, 06 Silver XLR with 38000 miles is mine. Now just have to get it home. any suggestions for transport from North Carolina to Omaha?

Drive her of course

Ok, 06 Silver XLR with 38000 miles is mine. Now just have to get it home. any suggestions for transport from North Carolina to Omaha?

I just purchased my baby in FL on Saturday and drove her home to SC Sunday. A little over 550 miles. Looks like you have twice the distance so the equals twice the fun in my book :D. It's a no brainer to me. It's a great way to see how she rides and if there is anything you want to address in the near future.

I know but my schedule the next couple of weeks is booked.:mad:

Do it

Ok heck with it. found cheap one way tickets to DC. rent car to dealer ship couple hours away and enjoy the ride home!!!!!!!!!:lol:

That's the XLR spirit

Ok heck with it. found cheap one way tickets to DC. rent car to dealer ship couple hours away and enjoy the ride home!!!!!!!!!:lol:

That's what I'm talking about :thumbsup. Depending on what time your flight gets in, the dealership should be able to pick you up. The dealership I bought my car from knew we were flying in from out of state and offered. Our flight landed at midnight so it didn't work out for us. Good luck and enjoy the ride, remember top down is the way to go. Oh and if your balding on top like I am, a hat is in order.. Lol:lol:

That's exactly what I had done. After long talks on the phone with the salesman. Pictures of basically every square inch of the car. That Thursday the wife and I flew out to Seattle Washington dec 17th not even thinking of the drive back:(. I asked the salesman to pick us up and they did. But it was only half hour away. Checked over the car which they had shined up,made sure everything worked,negotiated, and she was mine.
We had a beautiful four day trip back to Chicago. We were sooooo lucky that year was a mild winter and their was no snow the whole way home. 2600 mile trip on a car that only had 4500 miles on her. I was so excited about going to look,get the car,that weather didn't once go through my head:(and we got lucky. Not one flake of snow. Every stop we did people were complimenting the car and asking about it and I was still in shock that my 48 hr notice/planning all came together and I was driving this amazing car back across the country home. Good way to learn the manual too. My wife read every page to me on the trip home.
Couple tips
The salesman will think he has you in his hands. Don't let him,nit pick it and point out everything to get the price were your comfortable. Tell him a return flight is cheaper than his wimpy counter offer!
When you lay your eyes on her. Make sure you gain composure before you go to talk price. :thumbsup
Good luck

Last edited:
I resemble that remark.

Haha retarmy I'm experienced in burning the dome as I have 75 vette convertible, and wife's bimmer 328 vert. So sunscreen will be applied as it sounds how next week there. Thanks for you service to. I have one in active in the birds and one just out of the marine corp.

Stella car is already negotiated and bought as I had son go check it out. Wife gets headaches if she reads while driving, so she says:dunno: So it will make good hotel reading.

Thanks all and be safe!

Cadillac XLR Forums

Not a member?  Join now!  It's Free!

Learn more about Supporting Membership

Win 2 Supercharged Cadillacs!

Win both supercharged Cadillac Vs!

Supporting Vendors

Taput Tunning LLC

Top Hydraulics

Cadillac XLR Registry

Click here to enter the official Cadillac XLR and XLR-V Registry
Back